Thread: Bloggers - you hip and trendy folk - come back to the old skool

SteveyC is offline Right Royal Pain In The Posterior

Default Bloggers - you hip and trendy folk - come back to the old skool

Hi all,
    Probably way out of turn to mention this but, although I know Blogs are a great way of portraying stories of length, for those who don't like pages of essays or using search facilities of the forum, I have a suggestion.
    If you're writing a travel NZ blog, why not take snippets from your blog and post them in the forum. People can then peruse your bitesize little nuggets of first hand experience whilst casually browsing or in there breaks at work - it will also act as a lil advert for you main blog especially if you link your blog to your threads/posts via your signature strip.
    The same applies to 'Immigation process' blogs etc etc. I just feel like (45 as I speak at 3am BST) guests maybe missing out on fantastic opinions and views because they're browsing this site. After all, I personally, and I know others got to NZ with the help of this 'forum'.
    Just a thought, it seems a shame that such a great facility is loads quieter than I remember. Lol crikey bit of an essay there ;-) :wink:

SteveyC is offline Right Royal Pain In The Posterior

What the hellsthe short cut for winky smiley then!!??? grrrr

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

I think, since you've been absent, Taffy has revamped the forum a couple of times and, because of this, the smiley shortcuts don't work any more. I also have to sneak into old posts that have been dragged up out of the archives and edit them to restore them to their former glory as reformatting the forum has screwed up links to external smileys and other links. Just as well Taffy pays me well (wish I could find that 'laughing histerically' smiley). I just click on 'More' under the smileys to the right of the message box and make my selection - long-winded but, at my age, I can't hope to remember all the shortcuts anyway.

My thoughts on the blogs is that the link is a bit hiden away at the bottom of the forum. I only just spot them by consciously looking for updates, otherwise I'd miss them. People who only browse the main index could well miss them altogther if they don't know to look there. Bloggers take time and effort to post their thoughts so it's only fair they are given a proper airing. It's true what Steve says about putting a snippet of a blog into the main forum with a mention that the full blog can be found under the forum menu. It's one way of drawing attention to the blog. They are a very valuable source of information.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

There's a whole menu section dedicated to info on the blogs on the left of the forum (excluding posts). They are under utilised, but with the exception of MB, no one ever provides any feedback on what they want, what would be useful or what they would like to see. I've set up a whole section in the forum for suggestions, and nada!
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.