Thread: www.applesandkiwis.com

applesandkiwis is offline Junior Member

Default www.applesandkiwis.com

Hey,

Hope you don't mind me joining - my (now) husband and i moved to New Zealand back in 2009 and i have started a blog about our lives here as i used to get so many emails from friends and family about reccomendations of places to go/visit.
    Someone suggested the move to New Zealand website as i good place to let people know incase it helps them.

We travelled all over New Zealand before settling in Dunedin and getting our dog -Marmite. so i can help you with many aspects of living here.

My blog is at apples and kiwis;

if anyone is interested?

I would be really interested in hearing your experiences and perhaps sharing them on the blog if you want to do a guest post?

also posted in Life in New Zealand - hope no one minds

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Welcome to MTNZ!

And thanks for the blog . We could do with more of them on here. I'm sure a lot of people will find it very helpful as well as interesting. A blog should be a great way of looking back on your new life in NZ in, say, 10 years' time and will serve as a record to remind you of how things have changed for you both.

I hope you'll stick around and take part in the goings on of the forum as I'm sure you would be a valuable contributor.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Hi, welcome to the forum

I've removed one of your posts as it was exactly the same as this one, so not much point. Don't want the place looking spammy, else it will attract unwelcome guests!! Cute pup by the way!
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

thedans is offline Member

Right on! Very nice blog! My wife and I (mainly wife) started a blog up to share our move with our family. It has a bunch of regular life stuff on it as well, so i'm not so sure everyone would enjoy most of it, but either way blogs are nice! And thanks for sharing yours! looks like you three are pretty adventurous!
    Submitted EOI on 4-9-11
    EOI Selected on 4-20-11
    Now it begins.

Hi,

Really pleased you like the blog; understand that you removed my second post from the other section too. I would like to hang around, hopefully meet some new friends and maybe help some people out.

We do like travelling - we started in 2007 and have done south america, asia, america, australia europe and Africa (although europe and africa were in our VW campervan!)

We arrived in NZ in October 2009 and apart from a few trips home and to Oz have been here ever since. Now we have marmite our travels have had to slow up a bit... that and the fact that we now have 'proper' jobs :(

where are you all based?

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    Hi, welcome to the forum

I've removed one of your posts as it was exactly the same as this one, so not much point. Don't want the place looking spammy, else it will attract unwelcome guests!! Cute pup by the way!
    no worries - thanks for letting me know

just saw you're in the Tron! We lived in Raglan last summer!

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

You can't truly say you've visited NZ until you've been to Raglan. It's almost like an unwritten law!
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.