Thread: Application is 'Likely to be declined'

charming is offline Member

Default Application is 'Likely to be declined'

Hi All,

We just received a mail from our CO on Friday, stating that our case is 'likely to be declined' because of the current economic situation in New Zealand. The CO also states that at the time of the interview he/she did not percieve that we could fully realise our potential to settle in NZ and that we were not well prepared to settle in NZ. All this inspite of us being well aware of the current job market, cost of living, education for kids etc etc and giving appropriate answers to all questions at the time of the interview. How does one realise your potential to settle in NZ unless given a chance. If they are going to decline you the offer of even a WTR, then how do you prove that you have the potential to settle in NZ.

Also this response has been given to us exactly 8 months after our interview date. Did it take the CO so long to realise his/her doubts. We have been given a time frame of 2 weeks to respond to his/her mail if we have any questions. This entire process seems to be very unfair. We have literally been fighting with various CO's (3 to be precise) handling our case from day one. Would like to know if it is really worth it going through the Client Complaint Resulution process. It mentions there that someone else besides the person who made the original decision will look into your case.

Please advise if anyone has been through this process. Is it really worth all the effort. We are prepared to go through all measures just to make sure we are in NZ one day and can prove our worth.

Looking forward to responses.....urgently....

New Zealand Shores is offline Junior Member

Hi Charming

Without the facts of your case it is hard to comment however just by looking at your time-line you have either a very complex case or immigration has given you the run around. 19 months from ITA to interview is something I have never heard of!! And again, 8 months from interview to case officers response is definitely not standard.

As this could be your last chance before a decision is made it may be wise to get some professional advice.

All the best

Sarah

Sarah Coombes
    Licensed Immigration Adviser
    IAA 200900703

tamtra is offline Member

Dear Charming,

I am so sorry to hear about this! First Wildgoose's story, and now this...
    I'm so surprised you haven't been given a chance with a WTR!

I think Sarah's given you some great advice. Some professional advice does seem wise...
    May I ask what skill category you applied under and your points?

Good Luck to you!
    Tamtra
    --------------------------------------
    140 points, No job offer.
    EOI Selected - 7th Oct, 2009
    Decision Successful - 5th Nov, 2009
    ITA Received - 23rd Nov, 2009
    ITA Submitted - 9th Dec, 2009
    Case Officer Assigned - 23rd Nov, 2010

nzaspirant81 is offline Member

Charming,this is really a bad news !! I guess my application is awaiting same fate.You can go to residence review board if NZIS declines your application, they will charge some fee though. There are some cases who got approval after review.
    BTW under which skilled profession you had applied for residency?

Quote Originally Posted by charming View Post
    Hi All,

We just received a mail from our CO on Friday, stating that our case is 'likely to be declined' because of the current economic situation in New Zealand. The CO also states that at the time of the interview he/she did not percieve that we could fully realise our potential to settle in NZ and that we were not well prepared to settle in NZ. All this inspite of us being well aware of the current job market, cost of living, education for kids etc etc and giving appropriate answers to all questions at the time of the interview. How does one realise your potential to settle in NZ unless given a chance. If they are going to decline you the offer of even a WTR, then how do you prove that you have the potential to settle in NZ.

Also this response has been given to us exactly 8 months after our interview date. Did it take the CO so long to realise his/her doubts. We have been given a time frame of 2 weeks to respond to his/her mail if we have any questions. This entire process seems to be very unfair. We have literally been fighting with various CO's (3 to be precise) handling our case from day one. Would like to know if it is really worth it going through the Client Complaint Resulution process. It mentions there that someone else besides the person who made the original decision will look into your case.

Please advise if anyone has been through this process. Is it really worth all the effort. We are prepared to go through all measures just to make sure we are in NZ one day and can prove our worth.

Looking forward to responses.....urgently....

nzaspirant81 is offline Member

I believe charming's case was straight forward, most of the applicants who had applied at indian branch have weird timelines. I know one person who had waited for 15 months after interview to get WTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by New Zealand Shores View Post
    just by looking at your time-line you have either a very complex case or immigration has given you the run around. 19 months from ITA to interview is something I have never heard of!!

Sarah

Hi,

Thanks for all your responses. We have been given time till March 12 to write to our CO and prove to her that we can realise our potential to secure a job in NZ and that we are well prepared to settle in NZ. CO was not satisfied that we proved these points to her at the time of the interview. We are going to try our best, write a very strong letter to her. And if it is still a 'NO' will decide further course of action which may be either the Residence Review Board or the Complaint Process. Is it true that once declined and after approaching the Residence Review Board, applicants can be accepted? There is some hope for us then.

Yes, my case was not a complicated one, secured 130 points at the time of submitting our EOI w/o job offer. Since we were well within the selection criteria (were selected in the category of those securing 130 point w/o a job/job offer and no NZ qualifications), why are we being declined. In the first place, if NZ wants to decline such applicants, why do they accept them in the first place. This whole process of waiting has wasted almost three years of our life.

maxius42 is offline Member

Default Such a long wait...

Well, Nov 2007 to June 2009 and then still kickin... This is bad news for people aspiring to MoveToNZ...

I've been reading news with NZ that government is trying to attract people around the globe to NZ... I think it's about time that they should check ground realities with INZ...

Keep Cool
    Max

tamtra is offline Member

Hi Charming,

I just remembered that today's your deadline. Just popped in to wish you all the best.

Good luck!
    Tamtra
    --------------------------------------
    140 points, No job offer.
    EOI Selected - 7th Oct, 2009
    Decision Successful - 5th Nov, 2009
    ITA Received - 23rd Nov, 2009
    ITA Submitted - 9th Dec, 2009
    Case Officer Assigned - 23rd Nov, 2010

Thanks Tamtra.