Thread: 3 questions regarding WTR

pamela88 is offline Junior Member

Default 3 questions regarding WTR

Hi, I'm asking this question on WTR. For WTR, we are given 3 months to clock into NZ, and another 9 months to look for a full time job and hold the job in order to get PR. We're a family of 3 (husband, wife, kid). Main applicant is the wife with immediate skill shortage in IT field.

1) For the job that the main applicant looks for, has it got to be the same job as stated in the immediate skill shortage list? Or, it can be any full time job in any field eg. shopkeeper? Or, any full time job in the same field (IT) but not necessary on the immediate skill shortage list?
    2) In the first 3 months to clock into NZ, does every member of the family need to enter NZ to clock in? Or just the main applicant?
    3) If the main applicant (wife) goes into NZ first to secure a job, but the rest of the family stays behind, once the main applicant finds a job and is eligible for PR, does it mean the rest of the family gets PR as well? Following on, if all family members enter NZ within first 3 months to clock in, then the main applicant continues in NZ to look for a job while the rest goes back home, once the job is found and eligible for PR, will rest of family members be eligible for PR as well?

Sorry if the 3 questions sound long.

New Zealand Shores is offline Junior Member

Hi Pamela88

I will answer these questions to the best of my ability however you should also clarify these with your case officer.

1. Firstly, I think you are referring to the Long Term Skill Shortage List as the Immediate Skill Shortage List has no bearing on the Skilled Migrant Cateogry. The job offer you secure must be a skilled job offer and you must meet the skill level requirements. If your SM application was made on the basis of your IT skills and experience then it would be best to stick with this given the industry in New Zealand is still strong and you already know immigration have approved your qualifications and experience within this field.

2. If you read the visas you were granted this should explain this question. If you were all granted the same visa then you are all subject to the same requirements therefore you must all enter New Zealand within 3 months to be entitled to the 9 month permit on arrival. However, in order to be included in the permanent residence application (once the principal applicant has secured a job offer) it should not matter if you are in NZ or still in your home country therefore, secondary applicants do not have to follow the principal applicant out. You can wait until your permanent residnece application is granted before you come out. This just means if you wanted to come out before PR was granted (but after the 3 month window) you would becoming out as visitors.

3. I think I just explained this in question 2. The secondary applicants do not have to come out, they can wait until PR is granted before coming out.

Again, I would clarify this with your case officer for more specific answers.

All the best

Sarah

Sarah Coombes
    Licensed Immigration Adviser
    IAA 200900703

pamela88 is offline Junior Member

Thank you, Sarah!