Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ITA submission from Singapore

Chalky is offline Junior Member

Talking ITA submission from Singapore

I just got my ITA !! My wife and I was so excited when we saw the email.
    I thot it will come to our mail box, found it in my email inbox instead.
    Anyway, we were glad that the whole process from EOI till ITA isn't as long as we thot it will be.

But now, the difficult part is to gather all the documents for submission.
    Lets look at some of the items in the check list.
    1. Certified copy of passport
    2. Certified copy of birth cert
    3. Health requirement - a. Medical and X-ray Cert (INZ 1007) and b. Temp Entry X-ray Cert (INZ 1096)
    4. Police Cert
    5. Certified copy of English language ability
    6. Certified copy of marriage cert
    7. Certified copy of your qualification and academic transcripts
    8. Certified copy of work references including job responsibilities, evidence of experience

Ok, is there anyone here who knows where I should get my documents certified in Singapore? Any Lawyer, Notary Public, Commissioner for Oaths, Court Official, or a Justice of the Peace to recommend?

How about work references? Do i have to contact my previous employer asking for a letter to prove that i work there as a IT consultant before?

For qualification and academic transcripts, I guess i will have to request from my university (NTU) and Ministry of Education (MOE) right?

OR, if i have the original copy of all of the above, can i just get a Lawyer to certify every document for me? Expensive?

For medical certification, since there is no Panel doctors listed in Singapore on NZ Immgration website, I guess any medical centre will do right? Any one here like to recommend a medical centre in Singapore?

Singapore will be celebrating the Chinese New year (CNY) this Feb. (15-16 Feb is the CNY public holiday).
    Hope that i can submit my ITA after the CNY.

=================================================
    EOI submited............05/12/09 (140 pts, no job offer)
    EOI selected............16/12/09
    ITA received............19/01/10
    Last edited by Chalky; 24-01-2010 at 02:52 AM.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Chalky,

I'll try to answer a couple of your queries. Perhaps someone else can fill in the rest for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalky View Post
    For medical certification, since there is no Panel doctors listed in Singapore on NZ Immgration website, I guess any medical centre will do right? Any one here like to recommend a medical centre in Singapore?
    Panel Doctors

Notes: For Applicants who are in Singapore who require health checks for Immigration New Zealand requirements, any doctor in Singapore may be used.

How about work references? Do i have to contact my previous employer asking for a letter to prove that i work there as a IT consultant before?
    You should contact your previous employer for confirmation that you worked there or, if you have any correspondence like a contract or letter offering you the job which states that is was full time work or, if you have some old payslips, you could try using them.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

FromSingapore is offline Junior Member

Default Some clarifications

Hi Chalky,
    Congratulations to you first! Been went through most of it, I will try to answer:

Certified copies: I did with a notary public. The first copy is $10 and subsequent ones are $2 each.
    But, I heard it is free if you do at NZ embassy in Ngee Ann City. Please check out this and if you need the notary public details, PM me.

Work experience: Whenever I finished my job, I got such letters stating the details INZ wants.

Qualifications and academic transcripts: Yes, get them certified as above.

Medicals: SATA (SATA - Singapore Anti-tuberculosis Association) is among the cheapest, but they would only sent the medical results directly to INZ and will not handover to you. Any other clinics or your GP can do as well.

Good luck to you.

I just got my ITA !! My wife and I was so excited when we saw the email.
    I thot it will come to our mail box, found it in my email inbox instead.
    Anyway, we were glad that the whole process from EOI till ITA isn't as long as we thot it will be.

But now, the difficult part is to gather all the documents for submission.
    Lets look at some of the items in the check list.
    1. Certified copy of passport
    2. Certified copy of birth cert
    3. Health requirement - a. Medical and X-ray Cert (INZ 1007) and b. Temp Entry X-ray Cert (INZ 1096)
    4. Police Cert
    5. Certified copy of English language ability
    6. Certified copy of marriage cert
    7. Certified copy of your qualification and academic transcripts
    8. Certified copy of work references including job responsibilities, evidence of experience

Ok, is there anyone here who knows where I should get my documents certified in Singapore? Any Lawyer, Notary Public, Commissioner for Oaths, Court Official, or a Justice of the Peace to recommend?

For qualification and academic transcripts, I guess i will have to request from my university (NTU) and Ministry of Education (MOE) right?

OR, if i have the original copy of all of the above, can i just get a Lawyer to certify every document for me? Expensive?

Singapore will be celebrating the Chinese New year (CNY) this Feb. (15-16 Feb is the CNY public holiday).
    Hope that i can submit my ITA after the CNY.

=================================================
    EOI submited............05/12/09 (140 pts, no job offer)
    EOI selected............16/12/09
    ITA received............19/01/10

Smile

Hi MotherBear and FromSg,

Thanks for the info.

I have check out SATA. Their Visa Application flyer indciates that it cost $140 per Adult (excluding 7% GST).
    And like what FromSg said, the health check report will be mailed directly to the NZ Immigration. Well, i guess its ok.

For the NZ embassy, they have not reply my email yet. But in the website, they indicate that they do not provide services for Immgrating to NZ. Looks i have to look for a notary instead, can't save money.

For those who are interested in the Medical checkup process and cost.

I paid $162.64 nett for the medical check-up at SATA (did that on a weekday, weekend is more expensive). Its the cheapest i know so far, other clinic like Raffles Medical Centre cost $200 plus. Anyway I didn't make any appointment, took around 1 hr (inluding waiting time) to complete the whole check-up. Collected my report 1 week later. They leave the envelope unseal so that i can take a look before I submit it myself (unlike what was stated in their promotion leaflet that they will send on our behalf).

The test is break up into the following sections.
    1) Lab: Blood (they draw 3 test tube of blood), urine and blood pressure.
    2) XRay: Chest X-Ray
    3) Ht. Wt. Et. Height, Weight, Waistline and eye test (which includes color blind test)
    4) Dr Rm: Doctor consultation which includes some simple checkup and doctor witnessing us sign the form and he signing on our forms.

Important things to note:
    1) Bring your passport. Note that Identification Card cannot be a replacement for the passport.
    2) 3 passport size photos pasted on the form (Passport number and name written behind the photo)
    3) Fill in Section A, H, I & J of the form before visiting the clinic.
    4) When collecting the report, double check that they fill in all the mandatory fields and sign on all the necessary area.

If everything goes well, the medical recommendation should reads "No significant or adnormal findings".

Finally, after 3 months of preparation, I have sent out the application to Beijing Branch.
    And now, wait for good news.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Good luck, Chalky. Hope you won't have to wait too long for a decision.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

manny is offline Junior Member

Hi Chalky,

can i check where did you obtain the police certifications?

also, for the verification of documents, will normal lawyers do?

thanks!
    EOI Submitted - 14.09.10
    EOI Selected - 22.09.10
    ITA Received - 13.10.10 (4 months to send it to Shanghai)

I get the police certification from Police Cantonment Complex, Criminal Investigation Department. For the verification of document, I get it from a Law firm that do notary service Singapore Academy of Law: Legal Industry - Appointments & Awards - Notaries Public - Directory.

1.5 years after submitted my ITA application. Finally I am getting my interview.
    And I have only 1 week to prepare for It.
    Without any job offer in NZ, no friends or family in Nz, does anyone know how to convince the CO I will be able to settle well in NZ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast