Thread: After CO is allocated?

fastidea1 is offline Member

Default After CO is allocated?

Hello all

Any idea how much time it takes after the file comes to CO.

Im my case it seems to be taking forever in every step, I feel like loosing all interest, everything is on hold, sometimes I really wonder is it worth the wait?

Its been its been 12 months since the EOI got selected and 9 months since the ITA submission. and 1 month since the CO is allocated.

Case is in Auckland Central Branch

Thanks for your comments

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

This is supposed to give you some idea of timings. It's all we have to go on unless someone has some personal experience. The only problem is that not everyone's application process is the same.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

fastidea1 is offline Member

Thanks for the link Mother Bear.

Marmite is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by fastidea1 View Post
    Hello all

Any idea how much time it takes after the file comes to CO.

Im my case it seems to be taking forever in every step, I feel like loosing all interest, everything is on hold, sometimes I really wonder is it worth the wait?

Its been its been 12 months since the EOI got selected and 9 months since the ITA submission. and 1 month since the CO is allocated.

Case is in Auckland Central Branch

Thanks for your comments
    Wow, I'm quite surprised to learn that it takes that long at Auckland Central. However, you've already been waiting for over a year and I think it can be anytime now. So please just hang in there and I'm sure you can finally celebrate your success at last, may be before New year. Besides, it takes a lot longer at other branches such as those in India so it's always worth a wait.

1happywoman is offline Senior Member
    Kawakawa, NZ, formerly Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Blog Entries

Default Hamilton Branch

I submitted my application for PR at the end of August, was assigned a case officer after a couple of weeks. I sent a lot of additional medical information with my application, but in early November I had a request for additional medical tests, which I had done while I was back in the states. I sent that in when I got back here at the end of November and was notified it went to the medical assessor. I don't expect to hear anything until after the first of the year at the earliest. (And I have a job in an underserved area as a nurse with the proper NZ registration and practising certificate in place, so have been told it won't take long).

One thing I've learned is that you have to be patient and get past the frustration because nothing happens in a hurry here.
    Arrived in Auckland on August 6, 2008.Now live in Kawakawa with my kiwi partner.
    I just started working at Bay of Islands Hospital at the beginning of December 2009.
    Work permit renewed and good until June 2010
    EOI submitted and selected, case manager assigned and ITA received. PR application submitted 28/08/09
    approved in principle 26/01/10, PR granted and received 19/03/10