Thread: Proof of English Proficiency aside from IELTS

fisheye is offline Junior Member

Default Proof of English Proficiency aside from IELTS

Good Day all,

I am currently waiting for my ITA to arrive. I have a question on what document can i use for proof of English language proficiency aside from IELTS. Do companies and schools provide certification that they use English for coducting business or teaching. Will this be acceptable to NZIS. Thanks in advance

Regards,
    Roy

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Welcome Roy. Which country are you from?

Proof that you have been educated in an English-speaking system can probably be shown by producing a certificate or qualification from certain approved institutions. You can read about it on here.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Thanks for the quick reply MotherBear. I am from Manila, Philippines. I have read the article on the link that you gave and I think the easiest proof that I can give would be taking up IELTS exam or I can ask my current and previous employer for a letter/certification that my job requires English language ability.

Thanks again. I appreciate your help.

nzaspirant81 is offline Member

Fisheye,
    you should take IELTS exam coming from non-english speaking country. I provided proof from my employer and college about english ability still ended up taking IELTS exam at the last moment.
    Hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply MotherBear. I am from Manila, Philippines. I have read the article on the link that you gave and I think the easiest proof that I can give would be taking up IELTS exam or I can ask my current and previous employer for a letter/certification that my job requires English language ability.

Thanks again. I appreciate your help.

Quote Originally Posted by sandhu View Post
    Fisheye,
    you should take IELTS exam coming from non-english speaking country. I provided proof from my employer and college about english ability still ended up taking IELTS exam at the last moment.
    Hope that helps!
    Thanks sandhu. Alright then, I guess that's the safest way to prove English ability for me. Thanks.
    Last edited by fisheye; 15-09-2009 at 02:22 AM.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

If you aren't from an English-speaking country I would think you would need to take the IELTS test to be on the safe side. Even though you may have been educated in English, sometimes INZ can come back, as Sandhu says, and request that you still do the IELTS test.

I was querying which country you were from because your standard of English is very good and I thought possibly you were from a country where English was spoken as a first language.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Quote Originally Posted by MotherBear View Post
    If you aren't from an English-speaking country I would think you would need to take the IELTS test to be on the safe side. Even though you may have been educated in English, sometimes INZ can come back, as Sandhu says, and request that you still do the IELTS test.

I was querying which country you were from because your standard of English is very good and I thought possibly you were from a country where English was spoken as a first language.
    Hello MotherBear. I decided to take up IELTS. Reviewing starts when my ITA arrives. We consider here (Philippines) English as a secondary language and the official language on most businesses.

Have a nice day.

steinbock is offline Member

Good luck with IELTS. It is not difficult at all (vocabulary and grammar). It is time that kills you.

You may find this link useful.