Thread: Pls advise if the test result need to be enclose with the medical exam....

Hong12 is offline Junior Member

Default Pls advise if the test result need to be enclose with the medical exam....

I am not sure if test results i.e. blood test and urine test result from laboratory and also X-RAY result from the radiologist has to be enclosed with the medical exam (Form 1007.pdf) for the ITA submission. Otherwise, would that be sufficient to only submit the Form 1007.pdf without the test results? Pls …advise. Thank you very much.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

As I understand it (not having gone through this procedure myself yet), you take your form along to the panel doctor and go through all the tests and X-rays. I believe you then leave your form with the doctor while the results come through. When the results are ready, the envelope with your form and results will be sent back to you and you then submit the package to INZ complete. I get the impression that you aren't allowed to open the package.

How long will it take to complete the medical
    certificate?

You may have to wait to get an appointment for a medical
    examination, so give yourself plenty of time before you need
    to lodge your immigration application. Once your examination
    is complete it may be two or three weeks before you receive
    your completed medical certificate from the medical
    examiner. This is because he/she must wait for the results
    of your chest X-ray and blood tests.

The information can be found here.

Perhaps someone who has gone through this will confirm or add to this view.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

1happywoman is offline Senior Member
    Kawakawa, NZ, formerly Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Blog Entries

I just picked my medical form up from my doctor's office (here in New Zealand) today. I had to pick up my chest x-ray and the report from a different place, had my blood drawn at a local lab. I had to bring in the part of medical form and the report from the chest x-ray, as well as the part of the form used for the lab tests, and the person in the doctor's office made copies of the whole thing. It was returned to me in an envelope that was resealable. (When I had the medical part done, the doctor detached the part of the form for the blood work and the part for the chest x-ray and gave those back to me so I could get those done, while he kept the rest to complete, in the meantime.)

It was pretty much the same when I did this in the states before I came over here. I included the test results from the lab and the written chest x-ray report. The actual x-ray is large and rather unwieldy, so doubtful this needs to be included unless there is something there to be reviewed.

I also have some additional information I am including. As long as the whole thing is together, it should be fine. Besides, all this is MY medical information, not anything I should not know about, so I should be able to see it and if I have any questions, be able to discuss them with the doctor who did the exam before submitting the information. As with all the immigration paperwork, it is ultimately up to the individual to make sure everything is complete, so it would be in one's best interest to review the information before submitting it.
    Arrived in Auckland on August 6, 2008.Now live in Kawakawa with my kiwi partner.
    I just started working at Bay of Islands Hospital at the beginning of December 2009.
    Work permit renewed and good until June 2010
    EOI submitted and selected, case manager assigned and ITA received. PR application submitted 28/08/09
    approved in principle 26/01/10, PR granted and received 19/03/10

Default most convinient

hi there,

I did the medical twice in the last 2 years and like happywoman said you take the forms to the doctor and also pick it up again and you can send the results but you do not have to I think if everything is fine.
    The most convinient way might be to have the medical done at a doctor where a lab and x-ray is nearby or even in the same building.

Cheers, ANita
    Internship Auckland Feb - May 2008
    Back to Austria June 2008
    Visitor Visa applied June 13 2008
    Visitor Visa approved July 16 2008 till March 2009
    Work permit lodged November 12 2008
    Work permit approved January 29 2009 till 29/01/2010
    Engaged to a Maori-Fiji-Scotish Man since April 2009
    Getting married 2/01/2010 in Austria!!

Permanent Residence lodged 21/08/2009
    PR approved May 2010

Hong12 is offline Junior Member

Thank you very much for all the advices and information. I appreciate that very much.