Thread: Case officer and branch location

Zizou is offline Junior Member

Default Case officer and branch location

Dear All,

I was wondering if any of you has faced the same case like mine.

I have received my ITA last week.

My questions are:

1) A case officer has been assigned to me (is it normal to have a case officer assigned before even submitting the ITA?)

2) I submitted my application online and despite I reside in Malaysia my file was refereed to Wellington not Shanghai like all others from this part of the world. Is there any specific reason for that or anything I should be worried about?
    My nationality is Iraqi.

Thanks,
    Ali

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Does seem a bit strange that you already have a case officer before submitting your ITA . Perhaps someone who already has experience of this might like to comment?

Looking at the Shanghai branch it appears they only deal with visit visas and business visitors' work work visas for applicants in Iraq.

According to Bangkok branch, it seems to deal with residence applications from Iraq BUT you are currently in Malaysia. If you submitted your application from there you will be put to the nearest INZ branch that deals with residency applications from Malaysia. There are many branches around the world but not all of them deal with such applications, only maybe temporary visas. Singapore deals with temporary visa applications from Malaysia so it could be that Wellington is the nearest branch to you that deals with residency applications. Unfortunately, Wellington Branch webpage doesn't see fit to tell us which countries it deals with.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

gurumr is offline Junior Member

Default Case officer and branch location

Hi ,

My Case would help you in this matter.

1) I got a ITA from Case Officer A and Officer will ask you to contact if there is any difficulty in filling up the form

2) Once you do that your application will be lodged but the same may not be your Case Officer. For me i had got reply from Case officer B Later and finally it went back to my old Case Officer A :)

So its not that you have got Case Officer its only an help from them when they say that for filling up and submitting the forms.

Also for point 2 nothing to worry as i lodged my application in India but it was assigned to Singapore CO and finally back to my old place Delhi

--Guru

Zizou is offline Junior Member

Thanks for the information Guru

dj_sammy is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zizou View Post
    Dear All,

I was wondering if any of you has faced the same case like mine.

I have received my ITA last week.

My questions are:

1) A case officer has been assigned to me (is it normal to have a case officer assigned before even submitting the ITA?)

2) I submitted my application online and despite I reside in Malaysia my file was refereed to Wellington not Shanghai like all others from this part of the world. Is there any specific reason for that or anything I should be worried about?
    My nationality is Iraqi.

Thanks,
    Ali
    Hi Ali,

Immigration Profiling Group (IPG) within Border Security Unit is responsible to process the application from the people from the countries where there have been war crimes, crimes against humanity and/or human rights abuses.

There are more than 20 countries on the list including Afghanistan, Cambodia, Myanmar, Iraq, Zimbabwe and central African countries.

If you are one of these nationalities, your application will be forwarded to IPG regardless of where you reside or where you lodge the application.

Although IPG is located in Wellington, it is in fact a different office from the INZ Wellington Branch. It is therefore the information provided on the Wellington Branch site is irrelevant.

Usually the case officer who issued an ITA letter to you will be the case officer processing your application.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by dj_sammy; 08-09-2009 at 03:12 PM.