Thread: Questions about ITA...pls help

Hong12 is offline Junior Member

Default Questions about ITA...pls help

I am very excited about the ITA and also trying to fill out this ITA. However, I’m not sure if I should use black pen or blue pen to fill out the ITA and all the enclosed forms. Please advise. I also got the following questions:

1) My EOI have all the correct information. However, my ITA appears to have typo at several locations including the wrong job descriptions and the wrong phone number for my work place. Please advise if I should ask New Zealand to resend the ITA. Otherwise, should I put all the typo in the “Amendments or New Information”? I think that the “Amendments or New Information” should only be the info that is different from the EOI. However, there are no changes on any information of my EOI (only the typo in the ITA). Please advise.

2) For the IELTS, I’m not sure if I should attach the test result with the ITA and then ask the IELTS Center to mail those directly to New Zealand Immigration.

3) There are no medical panels in USA. Please advise if I can go to any licensed doctors for physical check and X-Ray and then ask them to fill out the forms for me. I wonder what forms I should use. I think that I need to use MEDICAL & CHEST X-RAY CERTIFICATE (Form 1007.pdf). However, I am not sure if the X-RAY CERTIFICATE (Form 1096.pdf) or any other forms are required. Please advise.

4) My passport currently has around 9 months left, which is less than one year? It would take a long time to obtain the new passport. Accordingly, I will not be able to submit my ITA in time since the ITA has to be submitted within 4 months. In this case, I wonder if I can use the old passport for the ITA submission. Then, I can mail the new passport to New Zealand later upon receiving the new passport. Please advise.

5) The application also stated that “you should complete the application form in the family section by declaring your partner’s, parents, siblings and any other children”. I’m actually single and have no children. None of my family members including my parents will be included in this application. None of them will be migrating with me.

I’m not sure if the info about my parents has to be put in “Section T: Principal Applicant’s Other Family”. If not, please advise what part of the application I should put this info in.

For the Partner and children sections (sections H to R), I wonder if I should put N/A in all the lines since those are not applicable. Please advise.

6) I can obtain most of my reference letter except the one company in USA since my boss is no longer working there. Would that be alright?

I also have the old reference letter from my previous employers, which was dated approximately 1.5 year ago. All the reference letters I have includes all the info such as job description, title, duration of employment. However, it does not state if my job is full time or part time. Please advise if I can still use these reference letters, which was dated 1.5 year ago and not stating full time position. Note that all my jobs are full time position.

I also used to work in Indonesia in addition to working in Malaysia and USA. They said that work experience in Indonesia is not in the comparable market. In this case, I am not sure if I need to submit the reference letter from Indonesia too? Please advise.

7) For passport photo, I’m not sure what size it is for the passport photos. Should it be color photo or black and white photos?

8) I think that I have to pay Application Fee (650) with the ITA submission. However, I am not sure if I need to fill out the Migrant Levi Form and submit the Fee (110) along with my passport for this ITA submission. Please advise.

9) I also receive two sets of the “Additional Detail Form”, I wonder if I have to fill out two sets of the “Additional Detail Form” or fill out just one set and return only one set with the ITA submission.

10) Should I staple all the documents together or use paper clip?

Anybody please help. Thank you very much.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

That's a lot of questions there, Hong. I'll try to answer some of them and hope others who have been through the process can add their comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Hong12 View Post
    I am very excited about the ITA and also trying to fill out this ITA. However, I’m not sure if I should use black pen or blue pen to fill out the ITA and all the enclosed forms.

You can't go wrong if you use black, but if it doesn't specify at the top of the form which colour to use, it shouldn't matter.

Please advise. I also got the following questions:

1) My EOI have all the correct information. However, my ITA appears to have typo at several locations including the wrong job descriptions and the wrong phone number for my work place. Please advise if I should ask New Zealand to resend the ITA. Otherwise, should I put all the typo in the “Amendments or New Information”? I think that the “Amendments or New Information” should only be the info that is different from the EOI. However, there are no changes on any information of my EOI (only the typo in the ITA). Please advise.

Personally, I would say to put it in Amendments as you are amending what INZ have put on the ITA form.

2) For the IELTS, I’m not sure if I should attach the test result with the ITA and then ask the IELTS Center to mail those directly to New Zealand Immigration.

Not quite sure what you mean here. If you have the IELTS results, you should send them with the ITA.

3) There are no medical panels in USA. Please advise if I can go to any licensed doctors for physical check and X-Ray and then ask them to fill out the forms for me. I wonder what forms I should use. I think that I need to use MEDICAL & CHEST X-RAY CERTIFICATE (Form 1007.pdf). However, I am not sure if the X-RAY CERTIFICATE (Form 1096.pdf) or any other forms are required. Please advise.

You can use any licensed doctor in the US for your medical. Without searching for the forms myself, I would assume that Form 1007 would be the one to use, but would request that others confirm this.

4) My passport currently has around 9 months left, which is less than one year? It would take a long time to obtain the new passport. Accordingly, I will not be able to submit my ITA in time since the ITA has to be submitted within 4 months. In this case, I wonder if I can use the old passport for the ITA submission. Then, I can mail the new passport to New Zealand later upon receiving the new passport. Please advise.

Not sure about this one. Maybe you could send a certified copy of your current passport with a note stating that you will send your new passport when it is available?

5) The application also stated that “you should complete the application form in the family section by declaring your partner’s, parents, siblings and any other children”. I’m actually single and have no children. None of my family members including my parents will be included in this application. None of them will be migrating with me.

If you don't have a partner or children, you obviously can't fill this part in. You still need to fill in details of your close family i.e. parents, brothers, sisters even if they aren't included in your application.

I’m not sure if the info about my parents has to be put in “Section T: Principal Applicant’s Other Family”. If not, please advise what part of the application I should put this info in.

As I haven't seen a copy of the ITA form, I can't answer this.

For the Partner and children sections (sections H to R), I wonder if I should put N/A in all the lines since those are not applicable. Please advise.

Probably, unless they say to just pass on to the next question if it doesn't apply to you.

6) I can obtain most of my reference letter except the one company in USA since my boss is no longer working there. Would that be alright?

All you can do is submit what you have unless you can get a letter from your old US company, even though your boss is not there any longer. I guess he doesn't have to be there for you to get a letter detailing your time with the company and your job description.

I also have the old reference letter from my previous employers, which was dated approximately 1.5 year ago. All the reference letters I have includes all the info such as job description, title, duration of employment. However, it does not state if my job is full time or part time. Please advise if I can still use these reference letters, which was dated 1.5 year ago and not stating full time position. Note that all my jobs are full time position.

You can submit the documents you have and, if necessary, you could include a note explaining that you worked full time at these jobs. INZ can always check with the companies if there is any doubt.

I also used to work in Indonesia in addition to working in Malaysia and USA. They said that work experience in Indonesia is not in the comparable market. In this case, I am not sure if I need to submit the reference letter from Indonesia too? Please advise.

You could include the reference letter because it is still evidence of your work history whether it is in a comparable market or not. Even if it doesn't help your application, it certainly won't hurt it.

7) For passport photo, I’m not sure what size it is for the passport photos. Should it be color photo or black and white photos?

It would be approximately the same size as the photo already in your passport. These days most passport photos are in colour so it's OK to use that unless they state otherwise.

8) I think that I have to pay Application Fee (650) with the ITA submission. However, I am not sure if I need to fill out the Migrant Levi Form and submit the Fee (110) along with my passport for this ITA submission. Please advise.

You will pay your Migrant Levy after you have been granted PR and before you get your blue residency stickers put in your passport.

9) I also receive two sets of the “Additional Detail Form”, I wonder if I have to fill out two sets of the “Additional Detail Form” or fill out just one set and return only one set with the ITA submission.

Sorry, can't answer this one.

10) Should I staple all the documents together or use paper clip?

I haven't seen anything about this. What they do say is not to put your documents in a file or plastic folder. Files can be bulky and increase the size of the staff's work pile and plastic folders are too slippery. It might be a good idea to include a typed list of all the documents you are sending in case anything gets lost.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Hong12 is offline Junior Member

Thank you so very much for the response and all info. I really appreciate that very much.