Thread: ITA Woes/Misplaced.

fevziye99 is offline Member

Default ITA Woes/Misplaced.

We had sent out ITA to the concerned address via registered mail (I know, I know, please don't rub it in, stupid mistake). After waiting months on end (over 5 1/2 months), our package has been deemed to be lost.

We have been inquiring almost weekly with the office where we had to file, but they say, nothing was delivered. We've checked with the bank, the certified cheque we gave for processing fees, was never encashed.

Now I have two worries:

1. Should be simply go the EOI route all over (that is what my hubby thinks), as he too has misplaced the receipt for the package (he's very careful about these things, but this is the unfortunate reality of it all).

2. Does reapplying for EOI have any consequences?
    EOI Applied 14th June, 2008 (150 Points, No Job Offer)
    EOI Selected 18th June, 2008
    ITA Received via email on 21st July 2008 (yay!)
    ITA Filed 12th January 2009.
    ITA 'lost'
    On a mission to find the ITA at the local post office! :)

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Oh dear!

I would have thought sending your ITA registered post would have been pretty safe. After all, why you you pay extra for registration if they are still going to lose it?

It might be an idea to ask INZ if they will send out another ITA package, rather than start from the beginning again because submitting another EOI might only confuse matters. You would also need to confirm that you are OK for time as there is a time limit of 4 months between receiving your ITA and submitting it and you will have exceeded this with your old ITA going missing. I don't know if they would close your file down if they hadn't received your ITA back within the 4 months. Best to check on how to move forward in view of what has happened.

One concern is that all your medicals and police certificates will be in the lost package. It would be awful if you have to pay to have new certificates through no fault of your own. Make sure that you cancel the cheque, just in case the package does reappear at some point.

Hope you can sort something out soon.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

letsgotonz is offline Junior Member

sorry to hear about the ITA because of the fault of stupid postal service. I would suggest that talk to INZ and explain the situation and ask them if they would issue a new ITA. The postal receipt would be a good thing to confirm that you sent it.

But all the best.

~Sam

fevziye99 is offline Member

Well there is good news afterall.

My hubby wrote to the Immigration Officer who did out EOI. We explained it to him. He put us in touch with a very nice lady at the ITA office in Beijing. She said if the parcel was not delivered to them, it is probably lying at our post office, and it turns out since January, 2009 this year, over 2000 parcels are lying in storage. So my husband is going to go next week and sort through it. If we find it (fingers crossed), then the immigration officer has said she will 'accept' the documents even though the police certificate and medical records are over 6 months.

If we don't find it - our ITA will not lapse, and we will then have to file the ITA again (which is not a biggy, but the hassle of going through the medical is the only bummer).

So I am hoping there will be some good done next week.

Just thought I'd come here and update you all.
    EOI Applied 14th June, 2008 (150 Points, No Job Offer)
    EOI Selected 18th June, 2008
    ITA Received via email on 21st July 2008 (yay!)
    ITA Filed 12th January 2009.
    ITA 'lost'
    On a mission to find the ITA at the local post office! :)