Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Case Officer

GettingReady is offline Junior Member

Question Case Officer

Hi all. My husband and I are from South Africa. We submitted our ITA and the London branch acknowledged receiving this on 10 March 2009. As from what I've understood on the NZ immigration website, we just had a waiting period of 1 to 4 months to receive a case officer as we don't have job offers in NZ. We were supposed to receive our case officer on 30 June 2009 then at the latest. Can anyone tell me how they heard from their case officer? We emailed the queue manager in the London branch just to ask them what their processing times are as the website's latest update is for the week ending 15 May 2009, we also just let them know that my ID and driver's license were stolen so I've applied for new documents and will send the certified copies as soon as I receive it. The London queue manager sent an email yesterday confirming that we've been allocated a case officer. This is obviously great news for us, as we only have another 1 to 3 months of waiting. I just, however, find it really strange that no one got hold of us to say we've been allocated a case officer. We also now do not know when we were allocated a case officer, as this is not shown on the NZ immigration site and we've receive no confirmation email from him/her. Can anyone also going through the London branch let me know how they received and heard from their case officer? Thank you so much!! Any information will be valuable

TanyaJ is offline Member

We also applied while still in SA, but with a job so were fast tracked.

The day after submitting our EOI we received an email telling us it was successful and giving us the name of our case officer. Our ITA came in the post shortly after.

I hope you wont have to wait long!

London processes faster than the NZ branches so thats one thing in your favour.

francis1962 is offline Member

Default Time scale

Hi TanyaJ

I also have a job offer and i am about to submit my EOI

Do you mind telling me how long it took from submitting your ITA to gaining 'stickers'

Regards

Francis

Thanks for the reply TanyaJ. We waited 2 weeks after we submitted our EOI and then heard it was successful, received our ITA 2 weeks after that. We submitted our ITA on 10 March, and according to the timelines on the website, we should've gotten a case officer on 05 June. So hopefully we'll hear from somebody on 28 August, because that's 3 months after getting assigned a case officer. I guess my husband and I are just really anxious to leave and we're excited to start our new life in NZ as soon as possible. We've also tried submitting our CV's everywhere in NZ itself as well as online, but I understand that they'd prefer face-to-face interviews. Thanks again

1happywoman is offline Senior Member
    Kawakawa, NZ, formerly Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Blog Entries

I submitted my EOI online, then received a letter of verification it was selected into the pool. What you should receive if you are sent an invitation to apply, is a letter stating this, as well as all the paperwork you need to complete the application for PR. The letter accompanying the packet will tell you who your case officer is, as well as explain any potential problems. (In my case, I listed that I am on medication, ongoing, for hypothyroidism due to having half my thyroid gland removed 9 years ago. They said I might need a medical waiver. Oh, please. But then, this was a non-medical person.) Whatever happens, don't rely on timelines - the department of immigration moves as quickly or slowly as they want. Some processing offices are faster than others. Good luck!
    Arrived in Auckland on August 6, 2008.Now live in Kawakawa with my kiwi partner.
    I just started working at Bay of Islands Hospital at the beginning of December 2009.
    Work permit renewed and good until June 2010
    EOI submitted and selected, case manager assigned and ITA received. PR application submitted 28/08/09
    approved in principle 26/01/10, PR granted and received 19/03/10

Thanks 1happywoman. We did not receive a case officer when we received our ITA package as NZ immigration said that due to not having job offers, we will have to wait 1-4 months to have a case officer assigned to our case. I have read quite a few posts on this forum and have gathered that a case officer will only contact us if they require any further documents or to schedule a telephonic interview. Let's just hope they only contact us to schedule an interview Hopefully we'll be on our way by the end of this year

1happywoman is offline Senior Member
    Kawakawa, NZ, formerly Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Blog Entries

This got me to thinking - and looking around on the NZ department of immigration web site. Can anyone find anything that says exactly what the role of the case officer actually is? (I did find a little bit of info on the Department of Labour site that says they get all of 5 days of training for the job.) I couldn't find anything about their actual role and duties.

The letter I got with my ITA says, "XXX XXX is the case officer assigned to manage your residence application should you choose to apply." Later in the letter is says where to submit my application, to the case officer, with all the required documents. So sounds to me like I need to contact the case officer, not the other way around. Why not just call the office and ask who the name of your case officer, if they have told you one has been assigned?
    Arrived in Auckland on August 6, 2008.Now live in Kawakawa with my kiwi partner.
    I just started working at Bay of Islands Hospital at the beginning of December 2009.
    Work permit renewed and good until June 2010
    EOI submitted and selected, case manager assigned and ITA received. PR application submitted 28/08/09
    approved in principle 26/01/10, PR granted and received 19/03/10

Hi 1happywoman. That's the problem. My husband and I have looked everywhere for a contact number. On our ITA letter they only gave us an email address of the queue manager in the London branch and a contact number in NZ for application purposes, i.e. to receive application forms and so on. Even on the NZ immigration website there aren't contact numbers. We've emailed the queue manager in London and asked who and when our case officer was assigned, but he wasn't very helpful. He didn't mention who our case officer was and just said that he can confirm we have been assigned a case officer and he can't tell exactly when we were assigned a case officer. Sounds weird to me, but if anyone knows a contact number for the London branch, please let me know so that I can phone and try find out who my case officer is as I also have to send a certified copy of my new ID as my old one got stolen Thanks for all your help!!

grosslee is offline Junior Member

Hi,

My wife and I are also from South Africa and we have applied for a Work Visa through Pretoria and residence through London. Fortunately my wife has a job offer in Wanganui so we were dealt with rather quickly but we are still waiting for approvals on all fronts. check the London website at Welcome to Immigration New Zealand, London and the contact details are:

London Branch contact details
    Phone
    09069 100 100 National (calls charged at 1.00 pound per minute)

+64 9 914 4100 from outside the UK (operator available 7 am to 7 pm (New Zealand time) Monday to Friday, excluding most New Zealand public holidays - standard overseas call charges apply)
    Fax
    +44 207 973 0370

Telephone Information Services
    •A 24 hour telephone information service is available seven days per week
    •Information Call Centres - UK: 09069100100 (calls are charged at premium rates 1.00 GBP per minute)
    •+64 9 914 4100 from outside the UK - standard overseas call charges apply
    •Requests for application packs are to be made using the above telephone numbers.

Hope this helps and good luck. If you have any questions feel free to ask, we are quite far in the process so know exactly whats going on...I cannot wait to either get a work visa or residency because all I have been reading for the past 6 solid months is immigration related material and literally hundreds of forum posts...Including that damn operations manual! It really does make a grown man cry!

letsgotonz is offline Junior Member

As a general rule, no news is a good news (hopefully). If you hear from your case officer early enough, then it is usually if they need something or something is missing in the ITA. So it is good news not to hear from the case officer. Once the case officer has finished his/her review then you will be called for the interview.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast