Thread: Work History

Marc is offline Junior Member

Default Work History

So, I submitted 11 years of work history in my ITA. For years 8+, all I had were pay stubbs indicating when I work there and what I was paid. I was told by my "visa officer" that without a job title, I could not count that as skilled employment, as the skills involved couldn't be verified. So I lost 5 points there. However, I should still be above the minimum needed (I think when I get the final answer I'll have 115 points after being approved with an EOI selection group of 110).

So warning to those out there, if you can't prove your duties (or at least job title that indicates duties), don't necessarily count on those points.

Oh, and as for a question, I'll be sending off the last questioned piece of paperwork tomorrow (we had "pass" listed on our bloodwork, but not the actual blood count, and they wanted the actual tests as well). So that means that all the things like being assigned to a case worker are done. The case worker has obviously looked through the paperwork and found almost everything to be in order. So, once the last of the paperwork is received and "approved", what is the timeframe for the interview? The implication was that it would be almost immediate. And once the interview is complete, how long until a decision is made?

Regards,
    Marc

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

According to this it sounds like the time from interview to being told if you have been successful can vary as can the time from submitting your ITA until time of interview. Seems like it depends on how busy the branch is that is dealing with your application. At least, if you have a case officer, that's a step in the right direction. Perhaps asking your CO how long before interview might be in order.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

The interview is tomorrow, 4 p.m. London time, 7 a.m. local time. After that, there is nothing else for me to do other than wait.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Good luck, Marc! Let us know how you get on.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Got the answer. The answer was yes. As soon as I can sell my house, I'll be moving. I was worried when the CO said that I had two choices, work to residency or immediate residency. I didn't like the additional restrictions and paperwork involved.

But now I have another question. Between the time of the interview and now, my wife has become pregnant. Is there anything esle I need to do? Do I need to notify anyone? We were planning on getting there before she delivers, and we are not going to change out moving plans. But I don't know if there are any steps to take because of this, even if just updating the medical certificate or such. I didn't see anything on what happens with someone essentially finding out they are pregnant after being accepted.