Thread: Any idea about ITA ??

ashwynchauhan is offline Junior Member

Default Any idea about ITA ??

Hey guys

I am new member of this forum.

Just wondering that I have lodged my EOI in April and selectred though out without any job offer and now waiting for ITA. But the problem is that as I dont have a job offer how can i get my further visa my visa will run out in july 2009 and there is no more time to find a job in this recession period. And It is difficult to live here on visitors permit.

So worrying about how to manage the things ??

I am already in NZ

Ash

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Ash,

Have you thought about trying to extend your visit visa?

The best thing you can do is to continue looking for a job because, even with your residency application, INZ may be looking for you to get a job within a certain time before they grant you condition-free residency.

If you are 30 years old or less you could perhaps apply for a Working Holiday Permit if you are a citizen of one of the countries mentioned. You don't say where you are from, but I think maybe it's India? Unfortunately, this type of visa/permit is not available for all countries, only the ones on the list and India is not included I'm afraid. If you were able to apply for this permit and could have found temporary work, at least it would have helped you to survive while you wait for your residency to come through.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

ashwynchauhan is offline Junior Member

Default Thanks Motherbear

Hi Motherbear

Thanks for your reply !! Yes you are right I am from India and afraiding because our country is not in the list of countires who can get temporary work holiday permit. So either I have to study more and that will cost me lots of money that i doesnt have, or I can go on Visitor's permit that I cant afford because I cannot live here without earning.

But still I am waiting for my ITA if once I will get it then Can I request my Visa officer for further Work Permit to find a job ?? Do you have any Idea about that ??

So confused ! :((

Ash

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Unfortunately, you can't get a work permit without first having a job offer. This really needs to be your priority although I'm sure you have already tried hard to get a job. Even when you get your ITA it will be quite a few months before your PR is granted. Either way, you need a job to be able to keep yourself.

I don't know what else to suggest other than you extend your visitor permit but, as you say, it is difficult to stay there when you aren't earning. The only other option that I can see is that you return to India until your PR comes through but even then you will still need that elusive job offer so you can earn when you get back to NZ. This is what you need to concentrate on because having PR will not magically bring you a job offer.

I'm sorry I can't be more help .
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

nzaspirant81 is offline Member

Ash,Mother bear is right in pointing out ,you cannot get work permit without job offer . Even if you get the ITA it will take some time before CO/VO is assigned to your job . For Indian branch this can take upto 12 months before Visa officer picks up your file , I am assuming that you are applying to Delhi branch and I believe CO cannot grant you work permit at that stage .
    I am afraid your only option at this point of time seems to be to look for job in NZ and get work permit .

Quote Originally Posted by ashwynchauhan View Post
    Hi Motherbear
    But still I am waiting for my ITA if once I will get it then Can I request my Visa officer for further Work Permit to find a job ?? Do you have any Idea about that ??

So confused ! :((

Ash