Thread: Anyone who has been declined PR?

charming is offline Member

Default Anyone who has been declined PR?

Hi,

I've been going through this forum on all the people who have been 'Approved In Principle', granted 'Work to Residence' visas and been granted the blue stickers etc. I would like to know whether there is anyone on this forum who has been declined residency? If so, I'd like to know on what grounds they could decline you residency. Sorry to sound so negative....but my ITA is still in progress and I'm just weighing the odds out here.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

As you've already got as far as the ITA stage, you are well on your way. However, there is still checking to do to make sure everything is as you've stated in your application. If it is and INZ feels you are entitled to the points you've claimed and the rest of your paperwork is in order, you have nothing to worry about that part of it. Then comes the medical, which may trip some people up, although not that many. If you have a clean bill of health and are of good character, that's another matter dealt with. Before deciding to grant you PR, INZ will want to satisfy themselves that you are likely to settle well in NZ and will want to interview you. If you have a job offer already, I don't think they do the interview because they can see you then have the means to support yourself.

I think these are the main concerns during the PR application. So, if your documentation is all in order, your health and character are OK and you can show that you are thinking and planning ahead for your move to NZ, you should be fine, so don't worry.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

charming - are the details in your signature correct, you submitted your ITA in November 2007? If they've had your application for a year and a half, it's unlikely to be dealt with this far down the line, so perhaps it's worth a phone call to Immigration to find out what's going on

Blog Entries

Well spotted WG. That is a long time but, if I remember rightly, Charming's application has been shifted about to and fro between branches which wouldn't have helped. There are others from that part of the world in the same frustrating position. Whatever happens though, INZ should tell you if you have been declined, so I don't think that is the case here. It is probably just taking an annoyingly long time for each branch to get their act together.
    Mother Bear

charming is offline Member

Hi Mother Bear,

Thanks for your very informative and supportive response.

And yes WG the dates are correct....this whole thing has been taking a really long time as my file along with others from my country has been shifted from one country to another and each time it is shifted, there is a waiting period of 6 months till they look at the file.

Anyway, we've finally received intimation from INZ (after checking with them last week) that they will respond to all applicants by end of this month.

Blog Entries

At last! That must be a great relief. Let's hope it's good news, as I'm sure it will be.
    Mother Bear

nzaspirant81 is offline Member

charming ,that's very good news , can you pass on more details about that ?

Quote Originally Posted by charming View Post
    Hi Mother Bear,

Anyway, we've finally received intimation from INZ (after checking with them last week) that they will respond to all applicants by end of this month.