Thread: Application ready to go

Marc is offline Junior Member

Default Application ready to go

OK, so I have done all I can. However, there appear to be some "holes" (being things which are impossible for me to document at this point). I claimed 10 years of work experience. I can only partially document my oldest job. The others can be documented with first/last paystubs or the appropriate letters. I have an early and a late stub, but not the first, nor the last. Will there be at least a little flexibility for something so far back? Even the company itself doesn't hold data that old, so there is nothing they can give to confirm employment.

Also, for my wife and child, there exist no "full birth certificates." My wife has a "Certificate of Live Birth" that doesn't include a father listing. That is all that is available for order and there are no other records we can get from the State of Idaho that would list a father. And, as I've mentioned here, our son has a blank spot on his certificate for father. It would require the biological to submit a form to the state, and he hasn't. No one other than him can get anything listed in the "father" field, so it is blank. There is a court order of paternity and a paternity test result that I will be including to explain the blank.

And I'm not sure what proves marital relations. I owned the home before marriage and all the bills were in my name. I added her to the bills to call in and such, but they didn't change the name in the fields. I'm not sure how to prove she lived with me for a year. What other forms of documentation can I submit for this? If I leave it poorly documented, is it something they can confirm during the interview or such?

Thanks for any help. It's all in a big pile, in order, and ready to go. I feel like a great weight has been lifted. I am just holding it for another week to look at again next weekend to make sure I didn't make any stupid mistakes (don't ask about my EOI mistakes, rejection, amendment, then acceptance ;) so I thought I'd see what others here have to say about these before I send it off.

Regards,
    Marc

htcesq2 is offline Member

Hi Marc,

I don't know enogh to help you with most of your questions. But as for proof of martial relationship I can suggest submitting your Federal and State tax returns if the status is shown as "married filing jointly". I am an immigration attorney in the US, and in my experience the immigration officers here always regard this as a key document for proving a genuine marriage. Additional documents that may be helpful are joint bank statements, medical insurance coverage, car title and insurance, etc.

I hope this is helpful.

Good luck!

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    And I'm not sure what proves marital relations.
    Proving a relationship

Evidence about whether the partnership is genuine and stable* may include but is not limited to, original or certified copies of documents and any other information such as:

a marriage certificate for the parties;
    a civil union certificate for the parties;
    birth certificates of any children of the parties;
    evidence of communication between the parties;
    photographs of the parties together;
    documents indicating public recognition of the partnership;
    evidence of the parties being committed to each other both emotionally and exclusively such as evidence of:
    joint decision making and plans together
    sharing of parental obligations
    sharing of household activities
    sharing of companionship/spare time
    sharing of leisure and social activities
    presentation by the parties to outsiders as a couple.
    evidence of being financially interdependent such as evidence of
    shared income
    joint bank accounts operated reasonably frequently over a reasonable time
    joint assets
    joint liabilities such as loans or credit to purchase real estate, cars, major home appliances
    joint utilities accounts (electricity, gas, water, telephone)
    mutually agreed financial arrangements.

I think we had something about the birth certificate issue some time ago but I'm not sure if it was from the UK or the US. I'll have to see if I can dig the thread up again.

I would hope that whatever you have that proves you were in a job for a decent period of time would be acceptable. You can only give what you have unless you can apply to the old company to provide a letter confirming the exact dates you worked there or a dated contract for when you started there and an acknowledgment of termination when you finished. For many people, their old companies no longer exist, so this isn't possible. I'm sure INZ would appreciate whatever you can give them. Just add a note to say that you did work at that company for a bit longer but don't appear to have anything to prove the extra time.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

The Certificate of Live Birth is equivalent to a birth certificate (at least mine is). I doubt that the lack of a father on the certificate will be a problem. I suppose your wife and child would have trouble if all they had were Certificates of Still Birth
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

damy is offline Member

Default Does it takes this long ??

Dear all ,
    We started our process of SMC in Sep 2007 , all dates mentioned below , , got interviewed as well in nov 2008. but still have'nt heard anyting on our decision, my question is does it really takes this long ??

also how's the job market in NZ nos in this global economic crisis..

Let know
    Cheers!!
    Damy

zummerzet_lou is offline your flexible friend
    Blog Entries

Which immigration office are you using Damy?

Lou
    EOI Submitted 8th July 2007, 140 points no job offer.
    EOI Selected 18th July 2007
    ITA pack received 12th Oct 2007
    Completed ITA posted to NZIS 26th November 2007
    Case Officer assigned approx 22nd Feb 2008
    Immigration interview 7th May 2008
    PR AIP 10th May 2008
    Arrived in NZ, August 13th

Check out our website -> http://the-clarks.freehostia.com/

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Give them a friendly nudge via email or phone, and ask them how your application is progressing. We did something like that at one point, asking them if they needed any additional info. That jump-started them, and they picked things up. I suspect that sometimes a file winds up at the bottom of the pile and gets delayed. Squeaky wheel and all that oil.
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

nzaspirant81 is offline Member

Damy , have you heard anything from them ? it has been almost 6 months to your interview.
    Job market is not as good as it was last year , but IT is still in demand .

Quote Originally Posted by damy View Post
    Dear all ,
    We started our process of SMC in Sep 2007 , all dates mentioned below , , got interviewed as well in nov 2008. but still have'nt heard anyting on our decision, my question is does it really takes this long ??

also how's the job market in NZ nos in this global economic crisis..

Let know

charming is offline Member

Damy, was your interview a phone interview or face to face? My story is similar to yours, the only difference being, we have not yet had our interview. I believe your papers are at New Delhi too and were tranferred there from Singapore.

My story-----

EOI submitted :- June 2007
    EOI selected :- September 2007
    ITA received :-October 2007
    ITA submitted:- 29th November 2007
    and still waiting ...