Thread: How to make corrections on the application form

trimprover is offline Member

Default How to make corrections on the application form

I'm a US citizen applying for PR in the Skilled Migrant Category.

There have been 2 big changes since I submitted my EOI:

1) I had a baby
    2) I am changing my address (and therefore my driver's license)

As a result, I need to update the following sections:
    - A12 (driver's license)
    - A14 (addresses)
    - N1 (how many children)
    - P,Q,R,S (all the questions about the child)

Also, I notice that the dates for A13 (list of countries in which you lived for 12+ months) and G1 (work experience at current job) need to be updated.

I want to make 100% sure I do these corrections correctly.

The "Application for Permanent Residence Guide" says:
    If you have previously given us information that is no longer relevant or correct, please place a line through this information and writer the new information in the table in the section of the form called 'Amendments of New Information'.
    This makes sense for most of the questions, but what about the address changes (A14)? Those won't fit on the little "Addition or Change" box on the amendments page, unless I really cram them in there. Do you think I can use multiple lines for the same question, or should I write really small?

Thanks!

T

Default Changes since EOI

I'm not sure if that's what we should be doing, but that's what I'm doing. Use multiple lines if required, but make a few copies of the amendment page in case you need more than one to list the changes. Fortunately, ours will fit on one page.

Best of luck! We just got all our medicals done, luckily insurance covered the physicals and the blood (lab) tests. Not to sure if they will cover the X-Rays yet as the claim hasn't been submitted. Have your doctor submit them as your regular (annual) wellness exams for the insurance.

Brad

Thanks, Brad! It's good to hear from someone in the same boat! :)

I'm just reading up on the medical stuff now. So much paperwork! I'm glad the doctor has to fill most of that stuff out, because I'm terrified of making mistakes on these forms!

We got the ITA packet yesterday, and so the only thing we've done so far is send off our fingerprints to the FBI so that we can get our police records. I hope that doesn't take too long! Did you do that part already?

How'd you find out how to get your insurance to pay for some of the medical exams? Did you ask the doctors to help you with strategic billing? Also, is Form 1007 the only medical "evidence" you are including with your application?
    Last edited by trimprover; 05-02-2009 at 10:56 AM.

We didn't really tell our doctors anything about how to bill; We are with a new insurance and hadn't yet had an annual exam claim with them, so it was just assumed I guess. The lab work went along with the annual exam, because our doctors wanted to check most of the same things as a matter of course. The X-RAY is a little out of the ordinary, so I'm not sure how the claim will be handled. I only mentioned it based on the experience of others on the forum who's doctor had told them they would submit it to the insurance that way. I guess it all depends on your doctor and their experience with certain insurance companies. Some can be very picky based on your plan level, refusing to pay if an incorrect billing code is entered.

As for mistakes on the forms. I hear you on that one. I don't want anything that might cause them to be kicked back from London. We actually ended up going back to our doctors several times to take care of missed initials, unmatched dates, signatures that were not properly placed on the photos, etc. Not to mention having to explain to X-RAY and lab technicians that you need them to check your passport and sign as well. I don't think they see this stuff too often. Yes, we are only submitting the 1007 form.

Our FBI clearances took a week or two. Don't expect to be impressed with the results either. The forms we sent in with the prints simply came back with a rubber stamp stating we had no criminal record. It really looks like a procedure that hasn't been updated since the 60's.

We are awaiting my wife's NZ teaching registration before we can submit our ITA. Not sure how long that will take.

Brad

Thanks for the info, Brad!

What documents did you end up collecting for your work history and education? Did you have to go to a notary to get anything certified, or are you including all the originals?