Thread: Evidence for Qualifications

trimprover is offline Member

Default Evidence for Qualifications

I'm a US citizen applying for PR in the Skilled Migrant category.

I am claiming points for:

1) recognized basic qualification (bachelor's degree)
    2) recognized post-graduate qualification (master's degree)
    3) qualification in area of absolute skills shortage (computer science)

What evidence do I need to submit for those?

For example, do I need to include my college and post-grad transcripts? If so, they must be "official" or "certified", so I cannot just print out an electronic copy, correct? Do I need to submit sealed transcripts, or can I take them out of the envelope?

Thanks!

T

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

In the application, you'll have to list educational institutions and appropriate employers. Then you will need to supply diplomas (originals or certified copies) and some proof of employment such as letters from employers confirming. The particulars will be included in your ITA.
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

So, no transcripts?

My ITA has the following instructions:
    If you are claiming points for your qualification(s) you must provide:

a) the qualification(s) for which you are claiming points; and

b) an NZQA Preassessment Result (Preliminary Assessment Report) or NZQA Qualifications Assessment Report (unless your qualification(s) is included in the List of Recognized Qualifications (NZIS 1080)); or

c) your certificate of registration if you are claiming points for your qualification(s) on the basis of full or provisional registration in New Zealand.

If you provide a Preassessment Result when lodging your application, you application may not be approved until you provide a Qualifications Assessment Report.

If you are claiming bonus points for a qualification(s) in an identified future growth area, or in an area of absolute skills shortage, you must provide evidence that your qualification(s) is in one of more of those areas.
    I'm not sure what that all means.

I know when I did the EOI, I found my college and post-grad university in a list of recognized institutions. I also found my area of study (computer science), or at least something really close to it.

Since my area of study and school are in the recognized lists, does this mean I ignore the NZQA assessment process ("b" in the above list)?

If so, do I just need to include my diplomas (or certified copies)? Would that handle the bonus points question as well?

I called NZ immigration yesterday and was told that all I need to submit as evidence for my qualifications is my master's diploma (or a certified copy of it). I can also include my bachelor's diploma, although that's not necessary since I'm only claiming points for the master's.

I guess this means we don't need to supply transcripts. Do you think it makes sense to include those anyway, or just stick with the diplomas?

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Although the wording is confusing, the result in your case is relatively simple. NZIS really doesn't care what classes you took or what grades you got. They just want to know you got the degree. Although the wording is confusing, the result in your case is relatively simple.
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s