Thread: What documents do I need? (US Citizen)

trimprover is offline Member

Default What documents do I need? (US Citizen)

I just got my ITA (hooray!) and then I started reading through it and got confused by all the terminology.

What I'm trying to find out is what documents I need to prove things like Qualifications (education), Work Experience, medical, etc.

I can (and probably will) ask specific questions on this forum, but I'm wondering if there is a list or example out there which shows which documents a US citizen needs to provide.

Thanks a ton!

T

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Did your package not include a checklist of required documents? There also should have been a copy of the medical form for you & your physician to complete. I recommend reading through the instructions with a fresh brain and writing materials for note-taking. There is a lot of confusing terminology. You might need to go through a couple of times to be sure. Good luck.
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

I am slowly figuring out which forms to include, by reading the ITA, the Guide, the Tips, and this forum...

I was just wondering if there is an easy-to-understand list of what to include, more as an example than anything else.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

I've got this simplified write-up of the ITA process stashed away on my PC, and I guess you've already done most of this, but I'll post it anyway.

What happens when I receive an ITA?

If your Expression of Interest (EOI) meets all the criteria and requirements, and is successfully selected from the pool of applicants, you will be sent an Invitation to Apply (ITA).
    Your application form will be included with your ITA pack and you can now apply for residence in New Zealand based on the points you qualified for in your EOI.

Step 1
    Complete the Application for Residence in New Zealand under the Skilled Migrant Category form (NZIS 1104) that was sent with your Invitation to Apply, with reference to the Guide for Applying for Residence in New Zealand

Step 2
    Along with your completed (and signed) application form you will need to provide:
    • evidence that you and your partner or dependent children meet our English language requirements;
    • evidence of all factors that you’ve claimed points for;
    • evidence of recognised qualifications or work experience;
    • evidence of occupational registration (if appropriate) ;
    • the application fee.

Step 3
    For each person included in your application you will also need to provide:
    • two recent passport-size photographs
    • a valid passport or certificate of identity
    • a completed Medical and X-ray Certificate less than 3 months old
    • a police certificate less than 6 months old for each applicant aged 17-years and over for each country of citizenship and each country in which they have lived for 12 months or more in the last 10 years.
    • a full birth certificate.

Step 4
    Send your application to the NZIS office identified in your Invitation to Apply.

ITA Document Requirements

A few additional notes on requirements:

Work experience. The easiest way of proving your work experience is through the presentation of an Employment Certificate that you may request from your local Human Resources department. The information in the certificate should include your starting and ending date, your starting and ending job title (if there was a shift in your position), as well the number of hours per week or per month worked to indicate if you had worked in a full-time or part-time capacity for the period. You may also use your Employment Contract, pay slips, and other material from which the needed information may be derived.

Partnership. If your partner is included in your application, you may be asked to provide more evidence of your partnership than just your Marriage Certificate. NZIS requires evidence that you and partner should have lived together for at least 12 months. You may present joint bank accounts showing same residence, various utility bills showing you or your partner's names in the same residence, mortgage agreements showing both your names, and the like.

English speaking requirements. If you are not from an English-speaking country but you have a University degree that is included in the recognised qualifications list, you may get by without an IELTS certificate if you can prove that the medium of instruction for your qualification was English. Request a Certificate of English Language Instruction from your University and present this in your ITA.

Medical requirements. Before proceeding with any medical examination, check NZIS' approved list of Panel Doctors from whom you may obtain your medical requirements.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Thanks!!! That will help! :)