Thread: Is full NZQA assessment required for every applicant?

totallynew is offline Junior Member

Default Is full NZQA assessment required for every applicant?

I just submitted my EOI and am now waiting for ITA.

I claimed qualification points for both my and my wife's degrees. My qualification is listed in the List of Recognised Qualification while my wife's isn't.

Recently, I received an email stating that I also need to get a full NZQA assessment, even though the university I graduated from is listed in List of Recognised Qualification. It is a university in the US, and has a level 7 qualification.

I can understand if my wife needs to take the full assessment. But do I have to as well, just because she does? The cost is quite expensive so I would like to make sure I'm understanding the request correctly (and not waste the money).

Thank you!
    Last edited by totallynew; 28-01-2009 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Added more details.

htcesq2 is offline Member

Generally speaking, unless you claimed points for qualification in area of absolute skills shortage, you don't have to do full assessment of your qualification that's listed among the recognized ones. If you did claim these points, then a full assessment will be required.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by totallynew View Post
    I just submitted my EOI and am now waiting for ITA.

I claimed qualification points for both my and my wife's degrees. My qualification is listed in the List of Recognised Qualification while my wife's isn't.

Recently, I received an email stating that I also need to get a full NZQA assessment, even though the university I graduated from is listed in List of Recognised Qualification. It is a university in the US, and has a level 7 qualification.

I can understand if my wife needs to take the full assessment. But do I have to as well, just because she does? The cost is quite expensive so I would like to make sure I'm understanding the request correctly (and not waste the money).

Thank you!