Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Application times

  1. #1
    d2a6tn is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Washington UK
    Posts
    7

    Talking Application times

    Hi All

    I have just submitted my application for residence in the Skilled Migrant category to the NZIS london Branch. Their webpage suggests about a two month wait for assigning a case officer. Does anyone know what the average processing time is once it is allocated? Bearing in Mind that Xmas fals in the next two months it may well be February before it gets out of the envelope.

    I also have a telephone interview next week with a NZ employer so i'm hoping for a job offer or an invitation to visit NZ for an face to face. I know that this willl help with the application if successful. Has anyone had telephone interviews before and can they really replace a Face to Face?

    cheers all
    135 points no job offer,
    EOI Submitted August,
    ITA received September 24th
    Medicals 9th October
    Application Submitted 18th November 2008

  2. #2
    MotherBear's Avatar
    MotherBear is offline The missing link
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Posts
    11,180
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d2a6tn View Post
    Does anyone know what the average processing time is once it is allocated?
    It generally tends to go by how many points you have. The more points, the quicker you should be selected but, as you say, the Christmas period will certainly slow things down.

    Good luck with the interview. Landing a job will certainly help with your application providing it's on one of the skill shortages lists. Can't say I've heard of that many people being invited down to NZ for a face to face interview, but it can happen.
    Mother Bear

    Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

  3. #3
    selchie's Avatar
    selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Behind the Redwood Curtain
    Posts
    2,010
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default

    The holidays might slow things down, but I don't think it would be too much. We were assigned our CO in Dec, and she wanted to interview us in January. Actually, we had our delays in March or April, when she went on holiday.
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

  4. #4
    Ali Rizwan is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d2a6tn View Post
    Hi All

    I have just submitted my application for residence in the Skilled Migrant category to the NZIS london Branch. Their webpage suggests about a two month wait for assigning a case officer. Does anyone know what the average processing time is once it is allocated? Bearing in Mind that Xmas fals in the next two months it may well be February before it gets out of the envelope.

    I also have a telephone interview next week with a NZ employer so i'm hoping for a job offer or an invitation to visit NZ for an face to face. I know that this willl help with the application if successful. Has anyone had telephone interviews before and can they really replace a Face to Face?

    cheers all
    i will pray for ur sucees

    may u got sucess in ur job

  5. #5
    pilgrim is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    11

    Question Change in status since ITA recieved

    Quote Originally Posted by MotherBear View Post
    It generally tends to go by how many points you have. The more points, the quicker you should be selected but, as you say, the Christmas period will certainly slow things down.

    Good luck with the interview. Landing a job will certainly help with your application providing it's on one of the skill shortages lists. Can't say I've heard of that many people being invited down to NZ for a face to face interview, but it can happen.
    My partner & I got our EOI chosen (we had 150 points) and recieved our ITA about 3 weeks later (mid Sept). SInce then I've gotten a confirmed job (which would give us more points right?) - we went out ITA back to NZIS about a week ago - checked on website - it says case lodged... but will they look at the old points or newly updated status for granting PR? It should be faster now ?

  6. #6
    MotherBear's Avatar
    MotherBear is offline The missing link
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Posts
    11,180
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    If you let them know you have a job offer, they should amend your points accordingly and it may help speed things up.
    Mother Bear

    Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Similar Threads

  1. Citizenship processing times
    By jamesthecarman in forum Life in New Zealand
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 30-08-2012, 10:32 AM
  2. work pemit approval times
    By lanz in forum General NZ Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23-06-2008, 02:06 AM
  3. Tough times ahead
    By MotherBear in forum What's in the news?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-03-2008, 04:25 PM
  4. london processing times?
    By sanvitto in forum Invitation to Apply (ITA) Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-08-2007, 07:19 AM
  5. UK Skilled Migrant Processing Times.
    By ChrisBlunt in forum General NZ Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-11-2004, 12:37 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46