Thread: CO not responsible for WTR?

pepiz is offline Junior Member

Question CO not responsible for WTR?

Mother Bear please take a look this quote from the last reply from my CO from London office:
    "Hi Pepi

As the file I have for you was an application for residence under the
    skilled migrant category, I cannot issue you with an alternative visa.
    You will have to apply for a work visa or whatever you wish to apply
    for, separately. This is not my area so it will go to the temporary
    entry team. Please be aware that because you have been declined a work
    visa( by the way my wife was principal applicant I was partner applicant) before, this may happen again. It will be up to the discretion of
    your temporary entry case officer.

Good luck
    CO"
    And this is from EOI guide(NZIS 1101):
    "Step five: Decision-making
    We assess your application for residence against Government Residence Policy and look at your ability to settle
    successfully and make a real contribution to New Zealandís social and economic development. We also fully verify
    everything you have told us in your Expression of Interest. Depending on how you are able to demonstrate your ability
    to settle in New Zealand successfully, you may be issued or granted a residence visa or permit or you may be issued with
    a work visa or permit which enables you to move from work to residence".

I'm totally confuse please someone tell me is she responsible for issuing work visa or not?

Trade-Electrician over 10 years experience
    NZQA-access Level 4 Certificate
    LTSSL-electrician on the list
    ISSL-electrician on the list
    Job offer-from Invercargill(outside Auckland)
    IELTS-overall band score 5(for work visa not needed)
    Medical-OK
    Police Record-Clean

Those are my highlights from my EOI and ITA.
    I'm desperate, please any thoughts will make difference.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Sorry to hear you've had bad news. Did the CO tell you why they refused you? Was it the IELTS score?

When you say your wife was the principle applicant, did she previously apply for a work visa or do you mean she was the principle applicant under the skilled migrant category? If she was the principle applicant and had been granted a visa, you should have been able to get a work visa because of that. I'm a bit confused about who has applied for this visa and I thought you were applying under the WTR category. Are you saying that, because she was turned down previously, you have now submitted an application?

Have you looked at applying under the Essential Skills Category if all else fails?
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Exclamation NZIS please let good people to be good Kiwi!

She was applying for work visa under general category in 2006 and she was declined because we didn't have a legal status in USA to work, but she gain experience in hearing aids company Phonak Inc. in Chicago area because of that she got job offer and Approve in Principal was done by Phonak Inc from Takapuna/Auckland.
    I was only applying like partner to her I didn't claim any points on my qualification in that time.
    The only explanation was that they(NZIS) are not convicted that we will be back home after work visa expiration, because we over stay on visitor visa in USA.
    That is OK ,but now I apply for residency that's mean I don't want to go back I just want to be honest worker for now in NZ and good NZ citizen later. If I'm not good for residency then work visa will be prefect.
    If you see any nonsense from me in my request please speak up, because I don't see it.

Exclamation

My wife was applicant for work visa 2006 and she was declined .
    She was declined because over stay in USA and now after two years I apply for PR under SMC.
    Right now my application was declined because my IELTS score is 5.
    I'm asking you Mother Bear did my CO is able to instead PR to issue Work visa or I have to apply for work visa again?

This is reply from my wife because she thought you will understand better.
    Thank you a lot!
    Pepi+Saska

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

I'm not sure how INZ arranges its workloads, but I wouldn't think your CO would be the one to issue visas. They are the ones who offer support to you when you are going through the process. In your first post, you say the CO advised that you could apply for a work permit, so I guess it is up to you to do that. It is a totally different visa which another department might be dealing with.

I can't see anything on the Essentials Skills Category that says that you need to have a high IELTS score, so you may stand a chance of getting in with this. It's worth a try.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.