Thread: Any hopes for WTR?

pepiz is offline Junior Member

Default Any hopes for WTR?

I'm Macedonian citizen 38 years old(wife and two daughters) and I over stay on Visitor visa in USA from 1998-2006, with valid SS number and driver license. Now I have NZQA approve my qualification (and temporally license from EWRB) and compare with NZ qualification Level 4 for Electrician and my trade is on LTSSL and ISSL .Receive ITA from NZIS and lodge my application on 27 June 2008. By the way my IELTS score is 5, thats why I'm hoping for WTR.
    Immigration officer so far requested only an additional bank statement from joint account to prove my genuine relationship with my wife and to send all my old passport, which I did already.
    I'm still waiting on NZIS decision, and I'm very exhausted and became desperate.
    Did anyone know somebody with similar experience or somebody have good "filing" for my case, please show some thoughts.
    Mama Bear is familiar with my case, no offense Mama Bear but I would like somebody else to answer this, which don't exclude you.:)

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pepiz View Post
    Mama Bear is familiar with my case, no offense Mama Bear but I would like somebody else to answer this, which don't exclude you.:)
    That is a big relief, Pepiz.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Cliff is offline Oh Masterful One
    Blog Entries

Pepiz

Dober don (Hvartska). It can take a while sometimes. If you have skills you will be fine. I know it is hard to wait. It can seem very slow but in the long run NZ will be the best place for your daughters to grow up. No war, no racial issues.

Your immigration office would be the best person to give you an indication if everything looks good for you.
    Cheers

Cliff

Nelson, New Zealand
    NZ Citizenship in 2000, been in NZ 15 years now
    Arrived NZ in 1997 from Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

"New Zealand isn't just a physical place it is a state of mind."

Thank you Cliff for your sincerely thoughts.

Obliviously you are familiar with some situation in Macedonia and neighbor country's. My only reason to migrate in NZ is poor economy, no community organization, corruption and etc.Living and working in NZ is like winning a grand price, comparing with Macedonia.

I was hoping on fast result from NZIS because I have a job offer in Invercargill and NZQA approve Level 4 electrician. But, my gees is they waiting on offshore verification (not sure from Macedonia or NZ). There not enough applicant from this part of the world, perhaps is to expensive and take long time, plus IELTS points is raise up to 6.5 minimum for SMC.
    It seem to me NZIS want applicant from UK more than any other country.

Please Mama Bear(MotherBear),Cliff or somebody tell me how to find people with similar situation. Thank you!

Best regards to all
    PepiZ

Cliff FYI :Dobar dan(Chroatia) Dobar den(Macedonia)

Cliff is offline Oh Masterful One
    Blog Entries

Pepiz

Dober Den. I thought you would understand. The best place to find other people in a similar situation is here. Because this site is in English it will reduce the number of people from your area. New Zealand has stronger historical ties to the UK but there is no bias or preference by immigration. There are people from many countries here. I have a good friend in Auckland who is a Serb from the former Yugoslavia. He is a nice guy and helps educate me sometimes on the issues in your part of the world.

Congratulation on your job offer. That is a big plus for your application.

I wish I could be of more help to you other than moral support. Just understand NIZIS is very thorough in their investigation of things because many people do not tell the truth and it hurts others who come from the same area. To not tell the truth on your NZ immigration is a thing in serious issue. In some parts of the world this is a normal or small thing.

I wish you the best of luck! Maybe someone else here will be of help to you.
    Cheers

Cliff

Nelson, New Zealand
    NZ Citizenship in 2000, been in NZ 15 years now
    Arrived NZ in 1997 from Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

"New Zealand isn't just a physical place it is a state of mind."

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pepiz View Post
    Please Mama Bear(MotherBear),Cliff or somebody tell me how to find people with similar situation. Thank you!
    I'm afraid it's up to them to find you, Pepiz.

Cliff is right that INZ can take a long time to make their decision, but you can see they are working on your case. If the INZ branch you applied to is busy, that will slow things down a lot. All this waiting doesn't necessarily mean something is wrong. The only issue might be that you overstayed in America. If you were applying for a temporary visa this could be a problem because INZ might worry that you will overstay again in NZ. However, you are applying for a long term visa with the intention of staying permanently in NZ, so I would hope that would remove the problem.

I'm afraid there is often a lot of waiting involved when dealing with INZ but it doesn't have to mean they are not going to give you the visa. There is a lot of checking up to do which can take a long time waiting for others to reply, so please don't worry so much.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

MotherBear & Cliff

One more time thank you bout for nice vibration and support.

All those thinks is in my head, by it's nice to hear from somebody else.

It's very hard to wait in uncertainty.

Thank's and have a nice day!

PepiZ