Thread: Received ITA today

SailingFan is offline Junior Member

Default Received ITA today

My EOI was selected on April 23 and I received the ITA in the mail today (July 1) from London. The envelope was in very poor shape; I suppose I am lucky it didn't fall apart and get thrown in the trash.

The concern I have is that it took a long time to reach me. According to the date stamp, the clock started ticking 2 weeks ago. Is this a normal shipping time? Does this mean I need to make sure to send in the completed ITA at least 2 weeks prior to the due date? This would, in effect, give me a 3-month window to gather all documentation instead of the 4 months allowed.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

The clock starts ticking from the time INZ sends out the ITA package rather than from when you receive it so, unfortunately, it looks like you'll have to work overtime in getting all your documents together. I can only assume they extend the same courtesy to you and that it is 4 months up to the time you return the package rather than 4 months until they receive it at their end.

It's a pity your ITA came via the mail and wasn't couriered like some are. I don't know how they determine whether to mail or courier. You'd have thought they would treat everyone the same.

I'm dreading it when our turn comes because the mailing system here is dreadful and a lot of our mail has gone missing. Hopefully, with family sponsorship, there won't be quite so much stuff flying around as with the Skilled Migrant route.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

zummerzet_lou is offline your flexible friend
    Blog Entries

Firstly, congratulations on getting your ITA huge relief isn't it?

Included in the ITA, should be a covering letter from NZIS that will tell you when you need to return your completed ITA.

In the worse case, NZIS will grant an extention to that deadline if you need to - for instance, if you are waiting for NZQA assessments?

We managed to get everything done in about 6 weeks, including an NZQA assessment (but I paid for it to be fast-tracked) ...

Best of luck,

Lou
    EOI Submitted 8th July 2007, 140 points no job offer.
    EOI Selected 18th July 2007
    ITA pack received 12th Oct 2007
    Completed ITA posted to NZIS 26th November 2007
    Case Officer assigned approx 22nd Feb 2008
    Immigration interview 7th May 2008
    PR AIP 10th May 2008
    Arrived in NZ, August 13th

Check out our website -> http://the-clarks.freehostia.com/

SailingFan is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by zummerzet_lou View Post
    Firstly, congratulations on getting your ITA huge relief isn't it?

Included in the ITA, should be a covering letter from NZIS that will tell you when you need to return your completed ITA.

In the worse case, NZIS will grant an extention to that deadline if you need to - for instance, if you are waiting for NZQA assessments?

We managed to get everything done in about 6 weeks, including an NZQA assessment (but I paid for it to be fast-tracked) ...

Best of luck,

Lou
    Luckily we don't have to deal with NZQA as the universities we attended fall into the list of recognized qualifications.

I've started to gather all the documents together and based on what we already have, we don't really have any realistic concerns about time.

It is a relief to get the ITA, but truthfully we never expected not to get it. We have concerns about the economy in NZ and the ability to get new jobs. We know that there is no possible way to earn as much money in NZ as we do here in Chicago. But we also know that if there is a time to live abroad, this is it for us. If it doesn't work out we can always come back. It's both exciting and frightening at the same time!