Thread: Decision Time Frame For Residency

pryann is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Decision Time Frame For Residency

Hi there,
    I would like to know what is the actual time frame to make a decision on residency application? I am working here in hamilton as IT programmer almost 14 months and my point is 210. we recieved our ITA on August 2007 and submitted our Residency application on Nov. 2007. On February Case officer asked me to produce pay slip so that she can make final decision. I did submit it my slip next day to immigration office. after that no News. last month I did call to Immigration office to know the status of my application and they said wait for couple more week as it is on final stage. A month is gone after my last call Still "No news". Any one could suggest me what should I do?
    Note: Hamilton Branch stuffs are not efficient and they do not follow any immigration rules. They work with their own comfort. Is it true?

EIO: May 2007
    ITA: August 2007
    PR Application submitted: November 2007
    Decision: pending.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Pryann, welcome to the forum.

INZ says on its website that applications with 140 points or more are selected automatically so I don't know why it is taking so long in your case. I think it does take longer for applications submitted within NZ because they are busier, but you should have heard something by now if they said to wait a couple more weeks. If I were you I would keep ringing them. If they get fed up with you at least it might encourage them to push your application through quickly.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Lightbulb

Hi,
    I did call to Immigration office this morning. I had discussed several issues including decision making time frame. She said it takes 6 to 9 months and i am running 7 months and case office did not ask any further paper, seems every thing is in order. It's just a matter of time to make a decision on my application. therefore, I have to conclude WAIT N WAIT TILL AUGUST FOR A NEWS FROM THEIR OFFICE. Waiting for some things is such a pain
    Bye MOther Bear.
    PRYANN

Default What would be my stand against the CO

Hi,
    I did call to CO and ask why it's taking too much time to give decision on my application. She replied, now a day it takes 6-12 months time frame and my application is still under process and also need further verification. It's been 10 days I did not hear any news from CO after the call. I am fade up to Hamilton Branch and specially my chines CO (not approachable). I went to INZ website and did not find any 6-12 months processing time frame. Is there any one can confirm me her given information is correct and in between what would be my stand to speed up the work ?

NB: It's been 9 months on after submitting my PR application.

Thanks
    Pryann