Thread: ITA /Job offer

sanvitto is offline Junior Member

Default ITA /Job offer

Hi Everyone,

My apologies if this question has probably been asked before.

We have submitted our ITA and pending a decision, We have now decided to come to NZ in feb 2008 to seek a job offer ( hoping that this will speed up our process of obtaining PR).
    My question is , once we have a job offer, What is the next process and timeframes?

many thanks
    sanvitto

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Sanvitto,

If you've already submitted your ITA, there's nothing much else you can do in relation to that.

However, if you find a suitable job and want to start work before your PR comes through, you will need to apply for a Work Permit to allow you to work legally in NZ. A WP can run alongside your PR application.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

sanvitto is offline Junior Member

Default ITA/Job offer

How long does it take to to apply for a work permit?

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

I take it you mean 'How long does it take for a WP to come through?' It all depends. I've heard of some people who have got one very quickly but others have had to wait weeks. If the particular branch of INZ you are dealing with is very busy it can take some time. If you are in NZ when you apply sometimes it pays to take your application in yourself and ask them how long before it is processed. If they can't do it while your are there (which occasionally can happen) they should at least give you some idea of how long it might take. I believe it may be quicker if your job skills are on the Long Term Skills Shortage List as they want to put you to work as soon as possible.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.