Thread: Residency "conditions"

zummerzet_lou is offline your flexible friend
    Blog Entries

Default Residency "conditions"

Assuming Jon and I get through our forthcoming medicals, and NZQA ever finish assessing my degree, am looking at the prospect of actually being granted residency.

We have done our EOI as myself as the principle applicant. Therefore, do I have to get and do a job in what I have claimed?

and is there a minimum period that I have to work as such?

We have a few ideas as to what we'd like to do later ... such as me sending Jon out to work, or we run our own business teaching music and yoga (not at the same time) Just wandering when I can start organising the next stage!

Lou
    EOI Submitted 8th July 2007, 140 points no job offer.
    EOI Selected 18th July 2007
    ITA pack received 12th Oct 2007
    Completed ITA posted to NZIS 26th November 2007
    Case Officer assigned approx 22nd Feb 2008
    Immigration interview 7th May 2008
    PR AIP 10th May 2008
    Arrived in NZ, August 13th

Check out our website -> http://the-clarks.freehostia.com/

Banjo.Jon is offline Finger Picking Good!!!

ME, go to work!! Suddenly the UK is not looking that bad. I think we should stay, besides, I will miss your Mum too much if we move to NZ.
    Landed in NZ, 13th August 2008

Web http://the-clarks.freehostia.com/

zummerzet_lou is offline your flexible friend
    Blog Entries

OK .. shall we stay here then? Maybe invite Mum over for Sunday roast too?

Lou

ps. You'll have to get a job sooner or later, be it here or NZ!!
    EOI Submitted 8th July 2007, 140 points no job offer.
    EOI Selected 18th July 2007
    ITA pack received 12th Oct 2007
    Completed ITA posted to NZIS 26th November 2007
    Case Officer assigned approx 22nd Feb 2008
    Immigration interview 7th May 2008
    PR AIP 10th May 2008
    Arrived in NZ, August 13th

Check out our website -> http://the-clarks.freehostia.com/

Quote Originally Posted by zummerzet_lou View Post
    shall we stay here then? Maybe invite Mum over for Sunday roast too?

Searching NZ Jobsites as I type

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Ah, domestic harmony at its best. Forgive me if I'm interrupting.

Now to business. I believe that, if you get your PR off the back of a job offer i.e. you claim points for it, then you have to take up that job within 3 months of the granting of the PR and stay in that job or a similar one for 3 months. After that you can more or less do what you want. And yes, Lou, as principal applicant it would be you who would have to take that on your shoulders, but only as long as it takes to conform to the rules. If you get PR without needing a job offer, you can do what you like. Gives you a bit of time to get Jon's butt into gear. Of course, he could always try to get a job he can do from home.

Where a residence permit(s) is granted under the Skilled Migrant Category on the basis that the principal applicant* qualifies for points for an offer of skilled employment in New Zealand or current skilled employment in New Zealand for less than three months (see SM7), the holder(s) of the permit is subject to the following requirements:
    In the case of the principal applicant* who:

has an offer of skilled employment, they take up that offer of skilled employment within three months of the grant of the first residence permit, and they remain in that employment (or another position of employment that meets the requirements for offers of skilled employment including requirements for bonus points if the offer of employment qualified for bonus points under SM8 or SM9), for a period of at least three months;
    or
    has current skilled employment in New Zealand for less than three months, they remain in that employment (or another position of employment that meets the requirements for current skilled employment including requirements for bonus points if the employment qualified for bonus points under SM8 or SM9), for a period of at least three months; and

they inform the nearest branch of the NZIS of their residential address and any changes of residential address while they are subject to those requirements; and

they submit evidence to a visa or immigration officer that, within seven months of the grant of the first residence permit, the requirements set out above have been met.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Cheers MB ... as we have only claimed points without a job offer looks as though I can send Jon out to work ASAP!

Whoops - didn't realise I was logged in as Jon ... Hmmmm .. not what can I sign him up for Lou
    Last edited by Banjo.Jon; 31-10-2007 at 08:08 AM.

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Banjo.Jon View Post
    Whoops - didn't realise I was logged in as Jon ... Hmmmm .. not what can I sign him up for Lou
    You can sign Jon up to help me toss the compost! I'll even give him a pint afterward.
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s