Thread: NZQA full Assessment

zummerzet_lou is offline your flexible friend
    Blog Entries

Default NZQA full Assessment

As some of you know, we got our ITA pack last week so it's full steam on stage 2!

As I claimed bonus points for my work experience, and we have no job offer we have to get a full assesment done on my degree/work experience.

I have a degree in electronics, (we did software for approx 1/4 of the syllabus if that), but I have 12 years software experience.

NZIS have said on the form it needs to say "majoring in computer science / Information Technology".

My question is, will NZQA only assess my degree, or do they take my work experience into account?

thanks everyone ...

Lou
    EOI Submitted 8th July 2007, 140 points no job offer.
    EOI Selected 18th July 2007
    ITA pack received 12th Oct 2007
    Completed ITA posted to NZIS 26th November 2007
    Case Officer assigned approx 22nd Feb 2008
    Immigration interview 7th May 2008
    PR AIP 10th May 2008
    Arrived in NZ, August 13th

Check out our website -> http://the-clarks.freehostia.com/

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

I may be wrong but going by the spiel at the top of their site they only appear to deal with qualifications.

The New Zealand Qualifications Authority's primary function is to coordinate the administration and quality assurance of national qualifications in New Zealand. NZQA works closely with other education agencies, including the Ministry of Education and the Tertiary Education Commission, to achieve the Government's education goals.

The overall role of the New Zealand Qualifications Authority is to be the independent, and impartial expert organisation, which can be relied upon to administer robust National Qualifications Framework assessment systems and provide reliable quality assurance systems that deliver on our statutory accountabilities.

This is in order that New Zealand qualifications are accepted as credible and robust, nationally and internationally. NZQA seeks to do this through operational excellence and clarity of purpose.

Among other things, The Qualifications Authority :

registers and monitors all national qualifications on the National Qualifications Framework
    runs national senior secondary school examinations
    registers and monitors private providers of education and training to ensure they meet quality standards
    administers a qualifications recognition service for overseas people wanting to live, work or study in New Zealand
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.