Thread: We're getting our ITA!

LilAmy is offline God like figure

Default We're getting our ITA!

Firstly sorry for not being on the forum much. Stress got the better of me.

Stu and I submitted our EOI on 21st May and were selected out of the pool on the 23rd May.

A week later we got a call from our immi officer saying that we wont get an ITA as our IT qualifications weren't recognised and we werent in employment.

We stated we were both in employment. Our immi officer said that as our contracts end on the 29th June and even tho we've both been employed since Nov it doesnt prove that we are employable in the IT industry! We need to have a job or promise of a job and he'll consider giving us our ITA.

Well Stu talked to his boss and they've kindly extended his contract from Aug - October so he has IT work when he comes back. Because of this new contract and a glowing reference from his boss and his recruitment agent we have just got off the phone with immi and they said the ITA docs will be with us by the end of the week.

Phew what a relief, one step closer now

Now all we have to do when we're back in Edinburgh on our holidays is get all the refs and police checks etc so I dont think it's going to be a relaxing holiday for us. But at least we're headed in the right direction again.

It was a very stressful two weeks getting all this sorted as we started to panic and think what if they dont give us our ITA what will we do!!

Just thought I'd keep you posted with things our end.

Lets hope the next lot of updates about this are good ones as well

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Woohoo for you!

It's horrible when you have a plan and someone throws a stinking great spanner in the works! Glad said spanner has been removed now, and you're well on your way to PR
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

That was a close call. Thank goodness it's all sorted now, but what a load of cr@p. NZIS imply that they are desperate to have skilled people settle in NZ, but, at the same time, still want to play silly games with your application.

No wonder you were stressed. I dunno, you try your best and it still isn't good enough . Hope the rest of it now goes without a hitch. Have a great time back in the UK. Would be interesting to hear your impressions of 'the old country' after being in NZ for a while now.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Yeah that's what I dont understand - they say they need IT people then claim we're unemployable?!? It makes no sense at all.

All Stu had to do was get a two month contract again and that changed our application status? I dont understand but we got the result we wanted.

It's going to be strange going back to see our family and friends. We both have a funny feeling that we'll want to come back to NZ after a couple of weeks in Edinburgh.

Saying bye this time round will be even harder as we really wont know when we'll next see everyone this time!(providing we get PR of course)

Dawn is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Amy I am so pleased for you and Stu.
    One step closer to those little bambinos?
    Passionate about the unfathomableness opportunities of kiwi-a-gogo-land

Bermy Girl is offline Senior Member

Just thought I'd add my two cents............. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Have a good trip...

keeweegal is offline Kosher Kiwi
    Blog Entries

Well done, you guys

Quote Originally Posted by LilAmy View Post
    Now all we have to do when we're back in Edinburgh on our holidays is get all the refs and police checks etc so I dont think it's going to be a relaxing holiday for us.
    If there's anything I can do from this end, just PM me

Have you thought about applying for your police checks in advance so they'll be ready & waiting for you when you get here?

Sal

Thanks Sal.

Well more good news the ITA pack arrived this morning by courier at 7.40am! Am so impressed.

Getting slightly nervous about it all as Stus qualifications in IT arent recognised and our immi officer knows this just hope it doesnt cause problems further down the line when we hand in all his certificates.