Thread: Advice for ITA: Bit worried

bluehazard is offline Junior Member

Default Advice for ITA: Bit worried

Hello all,
    I'm a bit worried about my ITA. I have all supporting documents. My passport is from Malaysia though and the job I have is primarly office adminstration, though I wrote I do some information management and data integrity queries (which is true). I get paid 33K and maybe more soon, up to 36.

But I feel like I'm at the risk of being denied; I've even heard the Wellington office is rejecting many Asian applicants now. Does anyone have any advice on how I can have a better chance of getting a PR?

Also, my 3 month medicals will expire soon. Does anyone know a cheap alternative to renewing them?

Thanks,
    PC

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Hi,

If the information you are sending is the same as you stated on your EOI, then there's no real reason why they should reejct you, unless they find something wrong. Also, as soon as you submit your medicals with your ITA, I'm pretty sure it doesnt matter if they expire while in NZIS hands. If they do expire, there's no real cheap alternative, sadly they need to be done again

Anyway, welcome to the forum! I hope your application goes well for you, and if you have any further questions, let us know!
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Bluehazard

to MoveToNz.

I will back up Taffy when he says, once you submit your ITA, the clock will stop ticking on your medical certificate. If you really have to have it done again, the cheapest way to do it is in NZ because ordinary doctors can do it rather than having to pay privately in other countries. I'm not sure which country you are in at the moment, but I guess having to pay the airfare to get to NZ would counteract any benefits unless you were going there anyway.

I thought NZIS were looking to have more Asians rather than rejecting them. There was something in the newspapers about it a while ago and I think I posted it on here at the time. If they have selected you from the pool I'd say you were in with a good chance.

Here's that article
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Quote Originally Posted by MotherBear View Post
    Hi Bluehazard

to MoveToNz.

I will back up Taffy when he says, once you submit your ITA, the clock will stop ticking on your medical certificate. If you really have to have it done again, the cheapest way to do it is in NZ because ordinary doctors can do it rather than having to pay privately in other countries. I'm not sure which country you are in at the moment, but I guess having to pay the airfare to get to NZ would counteract any benefits unless you were going there anyway.

I thought NZIS were looking to have more Asians rather than rejecting them. There was something in the newspapers about it a while ago and I think I posted it on here at the time. If they have selected you from the pool I'd say you were in with a good chance.

Here's that article
    Thanks for the reply. Does anyone else have anything to comment on?

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Is there something in particular that is worrying you about your application, Bluehazard?

If you have got to the ITA stage, it means that NZIS is interested in you. As long as you can provide clean medical and police certificates and your qualifications are accepted, you should be OK and those are things that you can't really do anything about.

The worst that could happen I would think is that you may be offered a Work to Residence permit instead of PR, but that just means a delay of 2 years as you work your way to PR. Would I be right in thinking that you are already working in NZ? If so, that should help with gaining NZ work experience and go in your favour. If you aren't working in NZ, perhaps finding a suitable job would give you that extra push towards PR.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Some news back,
    From my EOI, I've been selected from the pool but will need further verification. Is that bad news?

Paul

Thanks for all your responses Mother Bear.

Blog Entries

Hi Paul,

It's not uncommon for applications to say they need further verification, so I wouldnt worry. Usually it means they just want eveidence of the claims you make on your application, which is pretty standard.

Fear not
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

I'm just kind of worried because none of my friends had this issue. They all had just a straight invititation.

But I did provide everything factual on my EOI.

I'm just hoping they find my work skilled.

Does anyone know how long this verification usually takes?

Blog Entries

Hi,

EOI's usually get a response within 10 days, so not too long to wait.
    Taffy

duane1x is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by bluehazard View Post
    I'm a bit worried about my ITA.
    I have a long list to obsess about. I guess it's never straightforward. Number one, the "certified copies" of passport. In the US you don't just walk into a solicitor's office and ask for this service. They'd look at you like you were mad. I settled for a notarized sworn statement, along with the color copies.

Another good one is the dates on our medicals. We have no panels here, so we went to our respective doctors and pediatrician, each of whom in turn relied on staff for some of the paperwork. In the end the medicals must bear the signatures of some dozen or more nurses and doctors. Some of them did NOT pay close attention to the date format and they wrote month - day - year. Ack! Some of them did do it correctly, even within the same set of papers.

Rather than try and hunt down these people after the fact and get them to redo, I just drew arrows on the paperwork and noted "Month/Day Backwards." If you look at the dates that ARE correctly entered it all makes sense, but it will require a CO who is mildly tolerant of human error.

To make it better, I actually wrote this beside one set of dates that I then realized was done correctly. So I crossed out my own note and wrote OKAY! I hope my CO has a sense of humor.

Then there are the coffee stains all over our "original" marriage license. I'm sure there is a story there but I don't remember it. At least it should ring authentic - who else would send in such a beastly mess?

Remaining hopeful it will all work out.