Thread: Medicals!

ebianca is offline Gingery, Peppery & Spicy
    Blog Entries

Question Medicals!

Hi

I was wondering if anyone knows how much the medicals cost in the UK.
    I am in Lancashire so panel doctor would be Preston of Manchester.

Anyone know how long it takes to get the appointments and how long for results. Trying to work out how to time everything.

Thanks in advance

Beth

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Hi Beth,

The costs vary hugely from doctor to doctor. Unless anyone on here has actually used them, giving them a quick call would be best. How long it takes to get it done would also depend a lot on how busy the practice currently is.

We did our exams in NZ, and got instant results (except bloods, which were 3 days). How long it'll be there, I couldnt say.
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

LilAmy is offline God like figure

Hi,

We got our Medicals in Edinburgh and here's costs and timeframes for you. I wouldnt imagine they'd vary too much

* It took us a week to get an appt to get our medicals booked up (although I have heard it's taken up to 3-4 weeks for others) and 14 days to get the results. Our docs told us the results would be back in 4 days but inactual fact it took 14 days. So dont worry if it takes a little longer.

*It cost us ?70 for the Xray and ?160 each for the actual meds, I think this was slightly more expensive than others. We got an appt in a week and results in the same day

Hope this helps!

Blog Entries

Thanks for that.

I guessed it would probably be around ?200 each for us so not too far out, i'm presuming it will be less for the girls as they don't need xray and bloods- i think anyway (they are 3 and 1).

Turn around for results is fairly quick then so we can wait until we have ITA to book the medicals.

we haven't decided yet weather we will be applying from UK or NZ yet. It will prob depend on how soon my other half will have to start work once he has a job offer.

Beth

LilAmy is offline God like figure

Hi Beth,

From other posts that are on the forum it looks like medicals in NZ are heaps cheaper!

Blog Entries

From other posts that are on the forum it looks like medicals in NZ are heaps cheaper!
    That doesn't surprise me at all.

I think we may well apply from NZ- that way other half can find a rented house etc before me and the girls join him rather than stopping in a hotel with the girls while we find one.

I'm just not looking forward to a 26hr flight with two toddlers on my own- the things we have to do.