Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What should we get ready for the ITA

LilAmy is offline God like figure

Default What should we get ready for the ITA

All going well, Stu and I are putting our EOI in, in Aug this year. We are heading home for a month in July and just want to know what documents we should bring back with us for our application.

We have both birth certificates and wedding certificate and some old bank statements from 6 months before we left the UK and our current ones as well as loads of payslips.

Any other docs we should bring back?

Would it be worthwhile getting the police certificates moving when we're there or waiting to see if we do get ITA?

Any advice would be great. We plan to get medicals in NZ as they're cheaper compared to back home. Anything else I've forgotten??

Dawn is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What should we get ready for the ITA

Amy, we're in the process of doing this and making sure we bring everything out with us ready for when we apply. It's a headache isn't it? Also trying to get job references etc as well. With the type of work that I do I'm guessing they'll want to see physical evidence so busy videoing and photographing all work at the mo. Soooooooo much work!!!!

It'll all be worth it in the end though won't it. Won't it? :o
    Passionate about the unfathomableness opportunities of kiwi-a-gogo-land

It is defo worth it from what we've experienced so far.

I just want to make sure I have everything with us when we visit back home to save Mum and Dad having to rach around all all boxed items. It's tough knowing what to bring and what not to bring. Especially as we plan to travel for 6 months again when we get back to NZ so we dont want to be lugging all our documents with us incase we loose them etc.

The joys eh!

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Amy, here's some tips for submitting your ITA , which include a list of documents you'll need. ?

I've also pinned it at the top of the ITA section as a sticky so it should be easy to find again in the future.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Thanks for that Mother Bear,

I so wish now that we'd just gone straight for PR. Reading through all the guidelines has given me a headache already!!

Debd is offline Oh Masterful One

Hi Amy,

Our feeling too, (regarding going for PR the first time round!)
    We'll be hopefully going for ours too this year. Eddie is in the process of reading through it all. It's so expensive aswell, it's going to cost us about $3,000!! Argggggghhhh ..... that was the money for my Jimmy Choos too.... you know I'm joking!...? I don't need shoes here.
    How nice to go back home for a month, then come back and travel for 6 months. You've got to do it while you're young and child-free. Is it just travel round NZ? Probably not, 6 months is a long time!
    Let us know how far you get with your application, it's like dejavu, (can't remember how to spell it).....this time last year we were at similar stages with our visas etc... ha
    All the best
    x

It is like De Ja Vu with everything isnt it :D

We're going to come back in Aug and buy a campervan and travel until Nov time round the South Island. Pretty much done most things in the North Island but havent ventured much down south since 2005.

Then we're heading to Oz for 3 months and coming back in the New Year to start again here, this time hopefully with PR or PR not far off.

Really looking forward to it. A nice break from working again ;D

duane1x is offline Member

We have both birth certificates and wedding certificate and some old bank statements from 6 months before we left the UK and our current ones as well as loads of payslips.

Any other docs we should bring back?

Would it be worthwhile getting the police certificates moving when we're there or waiting to see if we do get ITA?
    You don't mention transcripts/diplomas. They were easy to get issued but necessary and easier to do when nearby. Would you go back for the police certs? If so wouldn't it be easier to do when there? (think positive on the ITA) But hands down the hardest thing has been the medical stuff. We have been scheduling with 3 diff doctors and each one looks at the paperwork and looks at us like we are crazy. I got mine completely filled in and signed off on this week. I called DW & said it was like winning the lotto.

Yip we'll need to remember our IT Certificates. I think we may have brought them with us when we came across actually. Will need to hunt them out.

I think we'll enquire about the police Certs when we're back home and see what they recommend we do.

From memory these only last three months as well and incase there's any delays in submitting our EOI etc then we dont want them to expire.

Medicals, I am so not looking forward to getting them done again. Only had them done last year for our 2yr WHV and they cant accept them for our EOI/ITA!! Ahhhhh

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LilAmy View Post
    I think we'll enquire about the police Certs when we're back home and see what they recommend we do.

From memory these only last three months as well and incase there's any delays in submitting our EOI etc then we dont want them to expire.
    Police certificates are valid for 6 months and medicals for only 3 months, Amy. Seems like you're more likely to get really sick within 6 months than you are to commit a serious crime. ;D
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast