Thread: Accepted in Principle

missvee is offline Senior Member

Default Accepted in Principle

:o Good news? We have been accepted in principle. They want our passports and Migrant Levy, is it worth me taking them down by hand and would we get iPR there and then? If I send it by registered post how long would it take PR to arrive.
    Vee

Dawn is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Accepted in Principle

[smiley=026.gif] [smiley=038.gif] [smiley=041.gif] [smiley=048.gif]

You must be soooooooooo relieved. Good for you. You can enjoy that Easter party now. Good on y matey. :)
    Passionate about the unfathomableness opportunities of kiwi-a-gogo-land

Thanks Dawn. I am not counting my chooks yet though, not with my immigration officers record, he is a dipstick. I think he is fed up of me now and just wants to get rid of me. :o
    He wants the migrant levy but I am sure I sent it to him. You need the form because you put your credit card details on.
    Anyone got a copy they can email me? I can't find one on the immigration site.
    Keep your fingers crossed it goes well and I can go to the party and not worry.
    How far are you on with your move Dawn?
    Vee

Glenda is offline All Knowing Deity

Congrats Vee! ? [smiley=041.gif] [smiley=eusa_dance.gif] [smiley=Victory.gif]

Cannot find a form on the site either. ?You probably just paid the application fee before as they specifically ask people not to send the migrant levy in until they have been approved. ?

I sent a letter and cheque along with the passports when we paid - believe it is still $300 each. ?(http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...79A/0/1028.pdf) ?Cannot say whether they would do it there and then if you went in person - hopefully someone else knows. ? :-/

:)

Glenda
    In NZ since June 2005
    Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness - Chinese proverb

Thanks Glenda, apparently it is a lot quicker, if you pay by credit card. We will see what tomorrow brings. I have looked for the piece of paper but can't find it. I am sure when I looked through the check list, it said migrant levy, so I may have sent it in. So bloody confusing, nothing seems straight forward about their forms.
    Thanks again and hope it is settled soon. By the way, how long did you wait when you sent your cheque in, to get the go ahead?
    Vee

Glenda is offline All Knowing Deity

Hi Vee,

Blimey ... just lost our electric several times. ?Having dreadful weather here - roads flooded, the house is now moated, the toilets are almost full as the septic tank is saturated, and I wonder if I will be able to pick the kids up from school! ?On the way taking them to school, saw a car dragged into a ditch by the force of water going down a hill. ? :o

Anyway, back to topic, we were already in NZ when we paid our migrant levy and got the passports back within four days of sending them off. ?(Not much help there for you.)

You could send them your credit card details in a letter - no different really to a printed form. ?Would be tempted in your case to use a same-day courier.

:)
    Glenda
    In NZ since June 2005
    Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness - Chinese proverb

LilAmy is offline God like figure

Congrats on your good news. Must be a wee weight of your shoulders. Lets hope things start to run smoother now!

Well done!

Thanks Glenda, was thinking of sending it by registered post or going to London with it and the passports. There is a form for credit card details in the work visa paperwork, suppose I could use that?
    Sorry to hear about the dreadful weather. Trust me to be arriving in the wet season just as it is getting warm here. Been lovely last few days.
    Thanks Amy, I don't have much faith in immigration and trying to think ahead, doesn't work though. I will let you know what happens.
    Vee

;D The immigration officer has actually done something I asked him. he sent an emailed copy of the migrant levy. I did ask if things would be done that day if I came down to London, so I can book my flights, no answer yet! One step forward and two back.
    Vee

duane1x is offline Member

I am not counting my chooks yet though, not with my ?immigration officers record, he is a dipstick.
    Hope he's not reading these boards or your whole file might go missing! ;)