Thread: Bloody Immigration Officer

missvee is offline Senior Member

Default Bloody Immigration Officer

>:( I will make this quick as i keep losing these messages. My immigration officer is a complete to*"er. My ITA was lodged on the 20th Feb. Couple more pieces of paperwork were sent a week later. After numerous emails and phone calls the obnoxious officer tells me he hasn't even looked at the last lot of paperwork which would complete my ITA. Won't be seen for another 10 days. He isn't jumping the queue for anyone, I didn't even ask him that. He knows my employer wants me to start work on the 16th April. Its not as if I have only just emailed or spoke to him. I email him virtually every week, since Novemeber. He knows all the problems I have encountered and he has been worse than useless in being any help. I would say he has been an obstruction and caused me problems. He won't look at the paperwork. All I was asking him for over 3 weeks was. will I be able to start work on April 16th. I said to him, 'your telling me I won't be starting work on the 16th then,' he said, 'you could,' how does he work that out. Could is no good.

What I would like to know is, would it be worth my while to ring immigration in New Zealand and put my case forward. I could lose my job, they have put it back 3 times and I had to beg for another chance.
    Vee

Dawn is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Bloody Immigration Officer

How skank is that? You have a job offer, you have a start date, you have skills that they are desparate for - you'd have thought they'd have been making it happen for you. You must be so frustrated Vee. How's your daughter dealing with all of this?
    Passionate about the unfathomableness opportunities of kiwi-a-gogo-land

Typical teenager and asking if she can bring all her friends to the goodbye shindig.
    They break up next Friday and should be back at school for the 16th. She told me she can't go back because we have to be in New Zealand then. Teenager logic. I tried to explan I had an obstacle called a s**t of an immigration officer.
    Anyway are you joining Welshgirl and I for a cuppa, don't forget the biscuits as we are all soooo poor in NZ. ::)
    Vee

LilAmy is offline God like figure

Hi,

What a nightmare, I hope you get it all sorted out. I think I'd go straight to NZ Immi or even put a complaint in about him???

I have everything crossed for you with your tight timescales, try and keep your chin up...

Pulsarblu is offline God like figure

Hi missvee,

I am unsure if your officer is based in overseas office or in New Zealand. However that doesn't matter.

I strongly suggest you ring the New Zealand national call centre at +64 9 914 4100 and tell them your case ID. The central database are all linked together so they can see the exact same thing.

Then tell them your plight and hopefully they can help to push it through quickly. I had some delays with my in touch officer in Wellington when I satisfied my residency requirement. I waited for a while after submitting my job evidence for about 1 month, I quickly rang the national call centre and got my case push forward quickly. Therefore I think it is worth calling. Emailing here and there is good but can be slow as one can put aside the mail.

Pulsarblu

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

I think you may be able to ask to be switched over to a different case officer if you're unhappy with the way this one is dealing with you. Could be worth asking if this is possible. Good luck.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Thanks guys, I did ring NZ and the only advice they could give is get a working visa. The thing is all my documentation is with my immigration officer and it is going to cost me more money and I have to book round trip tickets.
    Funnily enough he emailed me today telling me he had looked at the paperwork and the bloody stupid solicitor have sent a copy of the Statutory Declaration instead of the original. Got on to them to send the original and a fax copy. Immigration officer says, 'can't accept fax copies.' He needs to get that pole out of his a*!e. Honestly, can't he work with it till the original lands on his desk.
    What do you get for commiting murder these days, I have an immigration officer and a solicitor on my hitlist. [smiley=075.gif]
    As for changing officers, I am wary because it might hold things up more. I must be a control freak because I am not in control of this at all and it is stressing me out. My barmy mum, bless has booked the room for the party [smiley=Drunks.gif] on Easter Sunday.
    Vee

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

I'd recommend climbing the ladder of NZIS, but it looks like that didn't work for you. Last year when our case officer was blowing us off, I emailed a complaint to the contact address on the NZIS website. Soon after, our case officer was responding to us again.

I wonder if it's possible to get a different case officer, though in your case that would slow things up even more. Strange that he won't fast track someone with a waiting job. I thought that was the sort of thing they were supposed to do. It sounds like you got a lousy officer.

I hope it all comes out in the end - good luck.
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s