Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am registered but need advice re: Medicals

missvee is offline Senior Member

Default Am registered but need advice re: Medicals

;D Hi everyone, just to let you know I have now been registered as a midwife.
    Immigration need this before you can be considered for PR.
    I haven't yet got the document which immigration needs. My medicals are are due to run out at the end of February. As you may know they only last 3 months, (is this calendar months? February is a short month) Does anyone know if immigration give a little bit of leeway as per medicals, i.e. If the documentation they need, takes a week, to get to them.
    Missvee

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Am registered but need advice Medicals

I think I'd be sendng my medical certificate in now with a covering note explaining that you're still waiting for your registration document. Just say that you've had confirmation that you are now registered but the relevant document hasn't reached you yet and you didn't want to risk running out of time while you're waiting for it.

I'm sure they're used to people sending things in dribs and drabs as they come in because there's often a big discrepancy between the times it takes to collate all the different pieces of information together.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Hi MB, thanks for the reply. I have actually sent my ITA and it is pending, awaiting 2 documents. The registration and consent to take my daughter. I have contacted Immigration and explained the situation. As usual they haven't yet replied. I did ask if they would accept a fax copy from Midwifery Council in lew of the document.
    Will let you know what happens.
    If anyone has been in the same position, please let me know. I have 2 days, I think to get theses docs to London, I'm in Bolton.
    Missvee

Glenda is offline All Knowing Deity

Hopefully, you would have heard from them by now, if not I would go with what Mother Bear said - send it down, fast post.

I know from personal experience that some rules can be bent, but NZIS will not break any rules - and getting those meds in on time are most probably one of their more important ones.

Good luck.

:)

Glenda
    In NZ since June 2005
    Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness - Chinese proverb

The medicals are already in, went with the ITA. The problem is they run out end of this month. For my ITA to progress I need the registration doc and the consent. :'(
    So frustrating.
    I have just realised I am the wrong sex, ooopppss.
    I am a boy on here. So now I have an identitiy crisis. :-[
    Missvee

Glenda is offline All Knowing Deity

Hi missvee,

Sorry about the misunderstanding ... thought you had not sent the medicals. [smiley=eusa_doh.gif] Don't worry, I am sure it will all be OK - NZIS can't be that wicked to force you to have updated medicals. :)

As I understand it you have sent your application in, along with the meds, and hopefully they have date-stamped them as your 'application date'. OK, a couple more docs need to go in, but I gather that happens quite often. They contacted us to say we had forgotten certain documents. I do think it is that 'application date' which seems to be so important.

I'll keep my fingers crossed. :)

[smiley=056.gif]
    Glenda
    In NZ since June 2005
    Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness - Chinese proverb

Blog Entries

Sorry about the misunderstanding ... thought you had not sent the medicals. ? [smiley=eusa_doh.gif] ?
    Me too. ? :D ? However, as Glenda says, once you've submitted your medicals that's it, they don't expire. ?It's if you don't submit them in time that the problem arises. ?
    Mother Bear

;D Thank goodness for that, think I am driving them potty at immigration, they will be glad when I'm gone.
    So basically, I am waiting for the Statutory Declaration from my daughter' s dad, (he has put this off twice sice last week) and waiting for the paperwork for my registration.
    That is a point if people are wanting to emmigrate.
    If you have a profession, check if you need to be registered in New Zealand before applying for Work Visas and PR. It may take awhile for you to get the necessary documentation, i.e. to be registered as a midwife I had to:
    Submit a CV
    Professional Portfolio
    Answer 43 competencies or questions with examples to back it up.
    Contact the University so they could send my course paperwork, results and stuff.
    Contact the Midwifery Council here so they could send information about me being a midwife. I had to send a fee to the Uni and midwifery council, which all adds up.
    Send certified copies of passports ,marriage and birth certificates, had to go in front of a magistrate to do this. Again another fee. Though cheaper than getting a solicitor to do it.
    I then sent this off to NZ, cost ?18.
    I wonder if you have to do this for teachers etc. As I said, check because it's very time consuming.
    I would in hindsight do this about the same time as the EOI.
    I was wondering, do we have a place on here, on how to do your EOI and your ITA. If we have examples of how people have gone about it. With costs, timings, i.e when to collect paperwork. If there are custody issues with children, getting consent or having to go to court as all this can take time and money.
    I didn't go through a representative, has anyone done it and was it costly or did it save money in the long run/
    Missvee

Blog Entries

I was ?wondering, do ?we have a place on here, on how to do your EOI and your
    ITA. If we have examples of how people have gone about it. With costs, timings, i.e when to collect paperwork.
    There's a link to a guide as a sticky in the EOI category called 'EOI to PR shown in easy steps'. ?That's the nearest we have to a step-by-step guide.

On the old forum before we were hacked, folks often posted timelines in their signatures to show how long it took them between the various stages of their applications, but no costs were shown unless it was in separate odd posts. ?We lost all these valuable timelines when the new forum started up. ? :(

You've certainly had to jump through hoops to get this far, Missvee, and you're not finished yet. ?It's quite a test of character and endurance, this immigration lark. ?I guess your daughter's dad is stringing you along as he knows how it's winding you up. ?Nice bloke. Try not to let him see how desperate you are to get this declaration, perhaps he'll get fed up if there's no fun in it any longer and shift himself. ?Very difficult, I know, as you haven't got the time to muck about. ?

Mother Bear

:) Thanks MB. I am hoping I am near the end of this part of the journey. I have heard back from Immigration and they tell me the medicals are valid as they have been sent in as part of my PR. I now have a new no=umber insteasd of the ITA, progress?
    I forgot to send in my marriage certificate but I will send it in with the other docs. Funnily enough I have just recieved my decree absolute as I got divorced and sold my house recently. Yes I have had a year. I honestly don't think NZ can be as bad as the year I have had.
    Will keep you posted.
    Missvee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast