Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ITA sent

missvee is offline Senior Member

Default ITA sent

I have sent my ITA and documents off today. I still have 2 documents to send in, 1. registration as a midwife in New Zealand, 2. consent from my daughters father.
    I have harrassed the solicitor today about the consent, but as usual they haven't got back to me. I can't ask my daughters father because he will just lie and I am trying to keep him sweet as he can be a complete a**e about this. My daughter wants to go but he is playing silly beggers.
    So we will see how long this part of the process takes.
    I would say that by the time I get the go ahead, it will probably have taken me 12 months from my application or my EOI. Very stressful, mind you I sold my house and got divorced in that time too and got a job in NZ.
    Missvee

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default Re: ITA sent

Hope you manage to get both your docs through shortly, Missvee. No doubt the registration will come through in its own sweet time, but the letter from your ex could be another matter if he's being awkward. Fingers crossed that it'll all go through smoothly.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Wow, you have had a busy year! Here's hoping the consent comes easily. Good luck with all.
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

:) Oh thanks everyone, it's really good to know your all here, not in body but in mind.
    Yes I have had a busy year, it's a wonder i haven't been committed because I don't think I have been especially nice to live with. Mind you I live with a teenager so I can be as moody as her.
    I have had to give up my beloved pets. An African Grey and a Conure. I am worried about my Grey because believe it or not he is mentally ill and on Prozac, yes, Prozac!
    We will see what the next week brings and I will keep you updated.
    Thanks again.
    Missvee

Blog Entries

:)
    I am worried about my Grey because believe it or not he is mentally ill and on Prozac, yes, Prozac!
    Just hope you don't feel the need to pinch some of his meds before you reach NZ. ;) ;D
    Mother Bear

;D Fantastic news. have just rung New Zealand and i am now registered as a midwife in New Zealand. Haven't got the paperwork yet. My medicals are up for renewel soon, so I need that ruddy piece of paper and the consent form.
    The medicals were done on the 30th November. If they only last 3 months , is that 3 calendar months, Feb is a short month. I emailed immigration to see if they would take a fax copy from the NZ Midwifery council in lew of the certificate.
    Has anyone had the experience of paperwork being accepted after medicals are due for renewal, or does anyone know if they will gave me a couple of days grace?
    By the way, the parrot lives in Aberdeen now, I can't nick his Prozac.
    Missvee

Bloody pen pushers. Some of you may be aware I am a midwife and need registering with the New Zealand council. I contacted them over 2 weeks ago and they confirmed I am registered, they told me the document was on it's way. Immigration need the registration document so they can process my PR.
    Because i haven't yet received the document I contacted them last night, they haven't even sent it!!!

I contacted my immigration officer who informed me 2 weeks ago they wouldn't accept a copy from the midwifery council. Today they told me they would, AAAAGGGGHHHH!!!! >:(

Plot thickens, my employer wants me to start work on April 16th.

they have my application for PR along with most documents they need.
    Wants the chance I will get PR in the next 3 weeks if they have all the documentation?
    Vee

Blog Entries

It really doesn't get any easier does it Vee? ::) The right hand doesn't know what the left is doing. Hope you can sort it out with a copy of the document now.

I wouldn't like to hazard a guess as to whether you'd get PR within 3 weeks as these things often depend on how busy NZIS is at a particular time and how quickly they want to push you through. You could be lucky, but I wouldn't hold my breath. :-/
    Mother Bear

Hi MB, hope you are enjoying your hols. Thought we were over the worst of the weather here but we are having snow showers and really cold winds over the weekend, hope the weather has brightened up there.

I am now in the hands of immigration. They will have had all documentation for about a week I am giving my immigration till Monday and I will pester him some more. Hopefully they will get fed up of me and rush it through. I have to have a change of luck don't I.

My mum and best friend are planning the party, I am not allowed to leave the country till I have said goodbye to everyone..... :( Oh dear, will seem very real then.

Thanks for the support and will let you know what happens.
    Vee

Dawn is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

My mum and best friend are planning the party, I am not allowed to leave the country till I have said goodbye to everyone..... :(
    Hey Vee, you seem to have had a real time of it this last year. I'll bet your soul is weary, sounds to me like you owe yourself a whole heap of 'special me' time and I know how hard that is to come by when you're a lone parent going through a complete life change. You even have to start your new job before you'll have time to familiarise yourself with your new surroundings!! Talk about pushing yourself to the limit!

And as for the party thing, I have a feeling that Garys mum will want to arrange something like this and we want to just go, no fuss, no fanfare, no, snotty tissue waving, no big deal. We reckon we're gonna tell her that we're leaving a week later than we are so that she's unable to spring any surprises. She hates me and has accused me of talking her little boy into leaving her!!!! Sad old drama queen!!

I'm not really as harsh as I may seem [smiley=077.gif]
    Passionate about the unfathomableness opportunities of kiwi-a-gogo-land

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast