Thread: ITA

graemeandtania is offline Junior Member

Default ITA

Hi, we submitted our ITA on Thursday, does anyone know how long it takes for a decision to be made? We are leaving on the 7th of November!!! Very excited!!!! ;D

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default Re: ITA

Hi both,

This is another case of how long is a piece of string. If you?ve got a job offer, your application could very likely fly through as you shouldn?t need to hang around for an interview. Could possibly be up to 4 weeks? wait.

If you haven?t got a job offer, once your ITA has been accepted, you would wait to be assigned a Case Officer, then there?s another wait for the interview, then for the final decision. Providing your medical and police checks are in order, there shouldn?t, hopefully, be any unforeseen holdups. This latter scenario i.e. no job offer, could take several months to process, but seems to vary from applicant to applicant so it?s difficult to pin down an accurate timescale.

We used to encourage members to list the steps in their application in date order in their signatures, so everyone could get a rough idea how long it takes between each step. Sadly with the demise of the old forum it appears that these informative and helpful signatures have been lost.

Good luck with it all.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

graemeandtania is offline Junior Member

Hi, thanks for the reply. I have managed to secure a job offer at a good school in Auckland. Both myself and my other half are teachers. We were selected from the EOI pool after about three days and asked to apply. This was at the beginning of July we had to wait for our medicals and our police checks. Our medicals were ok apart from the fact that my other half had an elevated AST. He was retested and it had gone down but one of the others had gone up to just 2 over the allowed limit. They said this should be ok and signed the forms off. We sent the whoe thing off on Thursday. We have already been given a case officer, Ryan Wilson. I will try and find out all of the exact dates and put them on the bottom like you suggest.

Thanks

Tania ;D

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

In that case I don't think you'll be hanging round very long at all. Certainly should make it by November. Hurray! 8-)
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.