Thread: city and guilds issue

johnty is offline Senior Member

Default city and guilds issue

hi folks
    wonder if any one else has had this problem.
    we are currently going through our ITA and gathering info, when i find this. if your qualification is a city and guilds trade qualification you must include part 1 and 2 and also provide evidence of your completed apprenticeship that it has been registered with a recognised body (as per our list of reconised qualifications).if you do not have these items you will need to have your qualification assessed buy the NZQA prior to lodging your application.
    as far as i am aware my apprenticeship consisted of me completing colage on day release.(gaining part one and two)and on the job training.
    there was no formal apprentice papers like the good old days. im still in contact with a fair few of the sparkys that were on my course and those i have spoken to dont think there was any formal papers.
    so i ring the expensive help line at ?1 a minute(five or so minutes listening to options befor being conected)the guy on the phone said that a reference from my old employer would cover it.and that the NZQA would assess my part one and two ,but as they were on the reconised list there would be no need to get them assessed.
    has any one else encountered this and is a reference enough,
    cheers johnty

moose is offline Senior Member

Hi Johnty

When you passed out of your apprentiship you should have been presented with your C&G certs then. if you really can't find them try contacting the college your attended and see if they can obtain copies for you. it's worth a try,

Good Luck mate

Anna

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Johnty, I?d tend to err on the side of caution and send anything and everything you can lay your hands on. Some people have got through reasonably easy, but NZIS have given others a right runaround. Perhaps C and G will have you on record and can forward copies of your certificates or, as Moose says, perhaps the college can do it for you. From what I?ve seen, NZIS seem to want to have both belt and braces, so I?d hunt around to see if someone can furnish you with the missing certs.

If you could manage to land yourself a job in the meantime, that would go a long way to getting yourself pushed forward. NZ is crying out for sparkies. amongst other things.

Don?t ring the expensive number for NZIS, ring 01344716199 which is charged at local rates.

Hope you can pull it off.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

johnty is offline Senior Member

hi guys
    thanks for your responce.i have got all my city and guilds papers the part 1 and 2 it was the issue of having my apprenticeship registered with a recognised body thats been bafling me.the ref i got from my old employer states that i did a full apprenticeship.and the next job states that i came to them as a qualified electrician.and so on till my current employer.mayby its me worring a bit. Thanks for that number MB

moose is offline Senior Member

Sounds Like To Me Johnty You Have Everything In Order.

SO

Don't Worry Be Happy !! :034: