Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Re Medical Issues

chaffinch is offline Junior Member

Default Re Medical Issues

Hi
    Not be able to keep in touch since June. Problems with the computer.
    Finally got assessments back from NZ qualifications. They are o.k.In the mean time we have had our medicals done. All was o.k. until the blood test results came back. I had to have another blood test done and was shown to be aneamic. Doctor is contacting panel doctor, explaining that he has put me on iron tablets and will test in 4 weeks time. My husband is also having to have another test done as his came back with query on liver function. Will the panel doctor wait to issue his report or issue it before the results are back? The problem is that we have to get in our application soon, as husband is 56yrs in September. The stress is getting to us both. That is why I am probably run down. Any advice

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Sorry to hear you're stressing out. Hope the pressure will ease off once all your paperwork is sent in.

As a suggestion (and I'm sure this is allowed), send your application in without the medical results. Slip in a note that you will forward the results as and when you receive them. It's the same with the police certificate. Some of these things can take ages so you can get your application in while you're waiting.

Your application should be dated from the time it's received by NZIS and they can go on processing it whilst you're waiting for your results. Sod's Law it'll sit in someone's intray for a while anyway so, by the time your results are to hand, they can easily be tied up with your application papers.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Default Re Medical issues

Thanks for the advice.Husband is going for his blood test on Monday. We will then contact case officer and give her the news. Then hopefully take all other stuff down to London .We have everything needed including police reports. Just the medical stuff we are waiting on. It's been a very frustrating process. Just hope the results are better news for us. If not we have a lot of packing boxes to undo.

Default Re Medical issues

Hi
    Just to let you know . Things don't seem to be working for us again. Husband had results through yesterday. After de- toxing for a week blood test result is still the same reading. Which we can not understand why? After speaking to nurse at his doctor's she had a word with the doctor. It seems that medication he is on for high blood pressure could be the cause. The doctor wants to change his medication. But I have my doubts that it will still be over the required amount when he goes for another blood test. Is there anyone with any medical knowledge out there, who can advise us?
    We also contacted our case officer, and told her the situation. She has said that we can lodge the application, with a letter of explanation . But it would not get processed until the extra medical evidence is received. We are in a catch 22 situation.

Blog Entries

Sorry to hear you?re still having problems. It?s one of my worst fears for when we apply. You never know what these medicals are going to turn up. Even if you have a medical problem you can sometimes get a waiver if they decide they want you badly enough and it isn?t going to cause a burden to their health system. Even without a waiver they might still accept him, it all depends on how they review his results, so don?t give up yet. It?s only if the health problem is going to cost the health system a lot of money or tie up its resources that they?re worried.

Did the case officer confirm that, once you?ve submitted the ITA, you?ll be locked into the system i.e. won?t have to worry about time running out?

Fingers crossed for you.
    Mother Bear

Pulsarblu is offline God like figure

Yeah, MotherBear is right. Dont give up yet and dont worry too much. Stay in touch with NZIS to assess and come up with the next steps.

Pulsarblu

Thanks everyone for your moral support.We are not going to give up yet.
    Husband has been off medication all week .Has another blood check on Monday. So was hoping reading would come down. Last week he kept off alcohol, and it was still the same . So we are hoping it's the medication. Blood test results come through electronically at his doctor's so should get results Tuesday p.m.That's another gripe we have . Paid through the nose for Medical and blood tests. It's taken them 3 weeks to tell us of the results. If they come through electronically the following day on the National health.Why are we mugs paying all this money for bad service.
    Will let you anyway what happens. It's getting like the next episode of the
    casuality.

moose is offline Senior Member

Keep your chin up and thank your lucky stars that your quest for a new life in NZ has given you this chance to know that something wasn't right and hopefully it will all sort out to enable you to continue your quest.

I really really hope that the results on Tuesday come good for your,

Good Luck!!!!

Yes, our NHS has something to answer to, I totally agree, but we are never gonna change that.

Blog Entries

Hope it'll come good now, Chaffinch. Fingers crossed for Tuesday.
    Mother Bear

Husband had blood test on Monday. It has come down. So it was the medication that was causing it. Doctor faxed letter through to panel doctor. So hopefully can proceed.
    Somebody up there must hate us. Now have a problem with my work. They will not let me have time off to go to immigration. My line manager knew at the beginning of july that I needed to go. Trying bulling tactics. My husband was so angry. He has taken it to the top of Human resources and involved the chief exec. We hope that some one's head will roll through this. My stress levels were high before this episode, now there even higher. I might add that I still have 24 days annual leave left. Watch this space!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast