Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long when you receive your visa

Millsy is offline Junior Member

Default How long when you receive your visa

[smiley=006.gif] I'm new to this forum and have found some fab information.

I am exciitedly in the process of putting together our ITA, of which I have found some great help in this forum. We have only just received it so I'm just in the process of gathering the masses of information!!!

However, and we're considering time scales with regard to how much time you have after being granted residency (if we're lucky enough). We're off to NZ for Christmas as both a holiday and general rekkie and if we are successful in our application we would put our house on the market when we got back. But we're concerned about running out of time. I know this is a bit pie in the sky at the moment but I like to be prepared!!! [smiley=icon_biggrin.gif]

Thanks for any advice people can give.

Cheers
    Helen (and Kev - the other very significant half!!)
    EOI submitted 10th February 2006<br />Invited to Apply received 15th June 2006<br />and sent back on 22nd September 2006<br />Interview 8th February 2007 postponed<br />Interview 15th February 2007<br />WE&#039;RE IN!!!!!!!!

LilAmy is offline God like figure

Hi Helen (and Kev)

You guys must be so excited about the ITA. You'll need to keep us updated of your progress. Always good to hear what happens with all the different visas.

I dont know if this link on the immi site will help you at all as I'm not too clued up on the ITA process but it's worth a look. Gives you info on timescales etc:
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/branc...ocessingtimes/

I know for the WHV visa we're getting we've been told to expect a turnaround time of 2 weeks for a decision and then we have 12 months to activate it or enter NZ. After that it becomes void. I presume this will be a similar timescale for all visas for the activation part?

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Sorry I cant be of more help. Lots of peeps on the forum have gone or are going through the same process so I'm sure someone else will be able to give you some more information.

Good luck! :icon_biggrin:

Hi Lil
    [smilie=aiwebs_011.gif] Thank you so much for that - that does give us some idea and I will definitely have a look at the that web page.

Thank you for the good luck message - it's all very exciting and very daunting at the same time but we so want to get out to NZ and live a much happier life, that it'll be worth it in the end!! :smiley2:

Will keep you posted as soon as anything happens!!

Cheers

Helen (&amp; Kev)
    EOI submitted 10th February 2006<br />Invited to Apply received 15th June 2006<br />and sent back on 22nd September 2006<br />Interview 8th February 2007 postponed<br />Interview 15th February 2007<br />WE&#039;RE IN!!!!!!!!

LilAmy is offline God like figure

Hello,

There's loads of information on this forum as well, to be honest it's actually got more information on it compared to the immi site.

Have a good neb through all the posts they give you a good insight on what to expect when you're going through the process.

It's also a good place to rant away if you need too as everyone understands what your going through.

Enjoy getting things sorted and try and not get too stressed with it all as it can get quite stressful but it all works out in the end

Hi
    :icon_lol: Thanks for that - I will keep persuing!!!

Thanks again
    Helen

moggy is offline God like figure

I don't think running out of time will be an issue.
    If you have not submitted your ITA yet, the say you submit it in a months time - end of July, although they claim to hope to assign a case officer in 4 months, it can be longer, after that it can take a few months to get a decision (out case took 7 1/2 months from submitting ITA), so supposing you got a decision by november/december
    you then have another 6 months to pay the migrant levy and get the stamps in your passports
    after that you have another 12 months to get out to NZ for the first time.
    After that you have another 24 months to move there permanently

so really counting from now you have 3 years to get there.

Hi Moggy
    Thanks for that - that really helps us with our plans.

Cheers
    [smilie=Cheers.gif] Helen

moggy is offline God like figure

btw if you are wanting to delay paying the levy and getting the stamps in your passports (eg house hasn't sold) then do not fill out the piece of paper they provide for you to give your credit card details - else they will stick the stamps in immediately and you don't get the extra 6 months

OK - thanks for that - I think we will have to discuss tactics!!!!

:icon_lol:

Cheers
    Helen

KiwiHopeful is offline God like figure

Default Confirmation

I don't think running out of time will be an issue.
    If you have not submitted your ITA yet, the say you submit it in a months time - end of July, although they claim to hope to assign a case officer in 4 months, it can be longer, after that it can take a few months to get a decision (out case took 7 1/2 months from submitting ITA), so supposing you got a decision by november/december
    you then have another 6 months to pay the migrant levy and get the stamps in your passports
    after that you have another 12 months to get out to NZ for the first time.
    After that you have another 24 months to move there permanently

so really counting from now you have 3 years to get there.
    Can anyone confirm that you have 12 months after you get your stamps? And, what exactly does it mean to move there permanently--how would such a thing be determined? I can't seem to find such a thing anywhere on the immigration website ...
    EOI Submitted: July 20, 2006
    EOI Selected: August 2, 2006
    ITA Received: October 12, 2006
    ITA Submitted: February 2, 2007
    Migrant Levy Paid & Visas Shipped: June 6, 2007
    Arrived in NZ: July 26th, 2007
    Leaving NZ: June 1st, 2008

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast