Thread: Waiting Again!!!!!!!

Rho
    Rho is offline Member

Default Waiting Again!!!!!!!

Hi again
    Just wondering if anyone knows how long it takes to get approval after interview.

We had our interview on Friday morning, and the case officer did say all our paperwork was in order, and they have said they have to now assess our application with following possible outcomes

1. Declined (they said highly unlikely)
    2. PR or
    3. WTR which we don't really want.

We have gone on my husbands points as he has most, but I have skilled job offer. We have two daughters 18 & 16 and so don't want to go over for 6 months and disrupt their education at this stage. Moving permanently is great, but all the upheaval with so much uncertainty, I'm not so sure.

The waiting is playing havoc with my nerves, now on concoction of wine and Kalms to keep me going.

Anyone have any advice, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you. Rho

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Waiting Again!!!!!!!

Just wondering if anyone knows how long it takes to get approval after interview.
    Hi Rho,

Sorry to hear you're having an anxious time of it. Hope the decision about your PR will come through quickly and put you out of your misery. If you take a look around the forum at other members' signatures, often you'll seen they have logged down when each stage of the process was reached, so you can calculate from that how long in general these things take. From what I can see, it can take a few weeks for NZIS to let you know their decision, but also it can be very quick, depending on the circumstances. If you mentioned to them in the interview that you didn't want to immigrate for 6 months, I'm not sure whether this would slow them down or not.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

cambo is offline Junior Member

We also had our interview Friday morning and were told to expect a decision within 2 weeks, hope this helps.

hatter5 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

I had mine on Tuesday and my CO offered the same outcomes. I was advised that a decision in princple would be made in two weeks but could be as early as next week.

As I got my ITA in before the policy change so WTR would make no difference (2 years) to my situation. They may apply common sense and take into account that your chances of successfully migrating will be significantly increased with the fact that you have a job offer although strictly speaking shouldn't be counted but that's just my opinion. I like to think that they are looking for successful migrants and not looking to prevent families from the chance to improve their lives with a move to NZ.

A lot of people will be put off by the thought of having a 6 month window to make it happen.

Good luck - I hope option number 2 is the one.

fisheress is offline Senior Member

I had my interview, but then had a hold up concerning my american passport so it took about 6 weeks to get PR.........we were leaving for NZ 2 weeks later so it arrived just in time! It would have been quicker than that, but my case officer was very good and booked an appointment for my husband to go into NZ house with the passports and they put the blue stickers in there and then. :icon_biggrin:

Fisheress

monkeyboy is offline Junior Member

hi Rho

i had my interview late in december and still had my pr granted in a month
    so take away the christmas break i think it took about 2 weeks
    so hang in there and good luck!!!

Rho
    Rho is offline Member

Default Waiting Again

Hi everyone

Thanks for your replies, nice to know so many of you out there. Still had another sleepless night, but hey, 2 days down, 12 to go hopefully.

Just keeping fingers crossed.

Will keep you posted.
    Rho.