Thread: Police reports!

BruceampGill is offline Member

Default Police reports!

I am awaiting my ITA and was looking at the residence forms online earlier today (4 Apr).

I noticed that the NZIS ask for police reports relating to living anywhere in the last 10 years but in the EOI forms they only ask for the last 5 years!

I have just left the Royal Air Force and have been living in the UK for just over 5 years continuous (EOI is OK) but did spend several years in Germany over the last 10 years (ITA requirement).

Does anyone know if I would have to contact the German police for reports or would my time in Germany still be classed as 'UK' because of the forces thing, ie military police, crown governing body etc....

Any info appreciated

Thanks Bruce

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default Police reports!

They don?t appear to mention what happens if you?ve been in the Forces. Perhaps they still consider that you will have been living in Germany and will have been bound by the laws of that country. If you were out and about in Germany in your free time, had you done something dastardly, would you be hauled in by the German police rather than the military police? If so, then I?d guess that is what NZIS would be concerned about and would need evidence of.

I'm just applying a bit of my logic, don't have any hard facts, sorry. It almost looks like they don't distinguish between those serving in the Forces and ordinary citizens, but I may be wrong.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

fisheress is offline Senior Member

Default Police reports!

Just to warn you..................it did say a police report from where you have lived in the last 10 years on mine so I sent a UK one. However, I hold a US passport although I've never lived there so I didn't get an FBI check. Immigration missed this too and it was only 4 weeks before I was flying out to NZ that they highlighted that I needed to apply to the FBI for a check....this involved finger prints, palm prints etc. It held up my Residency and nearly ruined our plans...............but the FBI canme good 9 days before leaving!!!!

Fisheress

BruceampGill is offline Member

Default Police reports!

Thanks Fisheress

I am still waiting for my ITA and when it comes in I will ask my case officer for some advice. I have spoken with some other people in similar situation and they were ok with just the UK reports so fingers crossed.

On a social note, is your nams actually YOUR name or is it a nickname? ie are you into fishing?

Reason is I am lookung to buy a boat and need all the advice possible.

PM me if you can help!

Bruce

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default Police reports!

On a social note, is your name actually YOUR name or is it a nickname? ie are you into fishing?

Reason is I am lookung to buy a boat and need all the advice possible.
    You could do with getting together with Nattydread and Nick (of Nick and Jacky) who are also leaning towards buying boats, but I wouldn't like to hazard a guess whether they'll be fishing from them or not.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.