Thread: What Next?

katiej35 is offline Member

Default What Next?

HI Everyone, I am just waiting for my NZ quals report then I have everything to send in my ITA.

Can anyone explain what happens next and timeline etc. I am a single girly applying to go, no job offer yet but hoping to approach my company who have an office in Auckland once I have the ok to go.

Have plans for first 2 months accomodation and have an ASB account already, any other tips to help when I get to the interview gratefully received.

thanks

Katie

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Default What Next?

Hi Katie,

Welcome to the forum!

How much did you score on your EOI? That will greatly influence how long your application might take. Getting a job offer will certainly speed things up for you as your application will get priority.

Tips for the interview: Don't worry! Most interviews are pretty informal, with just general questions about why you want to move to nz and other related things. It's basically a judgement of how well they think you will settle, and how you rate your own chances of settling etc.
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Default What next

I only got 105 points, I applied in December and have until 19th April to get ITA in.

Watching the post daily for my quals report!!!!

Blog Entries

Default What Next?

Well, the good thing is your EOI was processed before the new rules, so your application should be dealt with within 4 months, depending on all your documents being in order!

Hope your results come back soon!
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Default what next

Hi Taffy, thanks for this info, quite reassuring

I was thinking of going to NZ in Feb to give me one last Chrimbo in UK and also time to save more sterling. Do you know what the timeline is likely to be with regards to me being told I can go and actually me going?

Katie

Blog Entries

Default What Next?

Once your ITA is approved, you have 12 months to arrive in NZ or you'll have to start the whole process again!
    Taffy

Default What Next?

cool and once again, thanks for the info :icon_lol: