Thread: Me, Me and I

hatter5 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Me, Me and I

3 months after my ITA was selected (to the day) I have my telephone interview to look forward to with a lady called chris on Tuesday afternoon

It's not scary and i'm not scared.

moose is offline Senior Member

Default Me, Me & I

Hi Ya

Hope it goes okay, i'm sure it will, just remember they can't bite you on the phone.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

Keep us posted.

:038:

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Default Me, Me & I

Good luck with the interview, hatter. I hope all goes smoothly for you.
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default Me, Me & I

From what I've hear, the interviews are very low key and laid back. ?Just general chit chat to find out if you're well-prepared and suited for a new life down under. ?I would think it'd be very rare for someone to fail an interview after having come all that way down the line. ?

Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

SteveyC is offline Right Royal Pain In The Posterior

Default Me, Me & I

Yeah sure it'll be fine, just relax be yourself and be honest. You wouldn't be this far down the road if you hadn't thought it all through, just convey your thought processes and it'll be all cool.

Let us know how it went.

NickampJacky Guest

Default Me, Me & I

Hatter

You will be fine with the interview. Mine was very laid back, infact I have had more in-depth grillings of friends and family over the.....how......what ....where aspect.

All they are looking for is that you have realisitic expectations of what NZ has for you and that you are capable of looking after yourself and your family when you get there.

I am sure all the info you have picked up on this forum, along with a good dose of common sense will be more than enough to satisfy your case officer.

Good luck all the same!

Cheers

Nick

Blog Entries

Default Me, Me & I

Thanks for the support.

I'd been getting concerned about the lack of feedback as the house sale is moving forward at a pace and the thought of signing away the house without PR.

One of the guys at www.iconrec.co.nz has offered to speak with NZIS ref my skills and current demand for them in NZ. It may help? We'll see.

Blog Entries

Default Me, Me & I

One of the guys at www.iconrec.co.nz has offered to speak with NZIS ref my skills and current demand for them in NZ. It may help? We'll see.
    Hope so. So, if the house sells and you don't get PR, will it be a disaster, or an opportunity disguised as a catastrophe? Just asking as a thought provoker. Depending on your situation, it could be a wonderful opportunity to have an adventure and change things for the better.
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.

Blog Entries

Default Me, Me & I

just hoping for a win win situation. I spent a lot of time and money over Christmas and New Year with building work etc and would prefer to stay put if there were any complications with PR.

The fact that I have come this far it would seem unlikely that I would be refused PR outright but could get WTR instead.

The house buyers came today to measure up etc and were wondering if we would be ready to move by 28/4/6!!!

I've mailed the consultant at Icon asking if he can work his magic with NZIS.

We have had a very nice day today.

Blog Entries

Default Me, Me & I

I'm crossing fingers and holding thumbs for you, Hatter.