Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just got ITA!

bobgoh is offline Junior Member

Default Just got ITA!

Hi!

Just received my ITA package 2 days ago. While flipping through the documents, I have a few questions to ask.

1. Generally, how long will it take from ITA submission to Interview and to PR?
    2. Could I get "Commission of Oath" to certified all my documents?
    3. Must I get all documents translated in English? I have couple of document such as Income Tax forms in Malay Language.
    4. It is ok to submit the ITA document by post ? Because my closest NZI office is at Singapore.
    5. I am a Malaysian. Appreciate if any malaysian who had successfully applied for the PR could give me some pointers

Any help will be appreciated.

Bob

nattydread is offline God like figure

Default Just got ITA!

1. 4 weeks (roughly) if you have a job offer as an interview wont be needed.

2. dont know

3. not sure, but possibly yes.

4. yes

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default Just got ITA!

Hi Bob, welcome to the forum.

I think any solicitor/lawyer/commissioner for oaths (if that's the same thing) should be OK to certify your documents.

I would assume that all documents should be translated into English and have seen it somewhere that at least some of them must be. It could be that, although you are submitting the documents to Singapore, someone in NZ may need to review them at some point, therefore, they would need to be in English.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Blog Entries

Default Just got ITA!

Bob, have a look at this . Scroll down to page 7 Checklist for Section A. It tells you on there who can certify your documents and also that you need to have them translated and who they will accept to translate for you.
    Mother Bear

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Default Just got ITA!

This would be a good bit of info for the FAQ section...to whomever is working on assembling it.
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

Blog Entries

Default Just got ITA!

I doubt whether anyone is working on it at the moment as it's quite a task. I will, however, start compiling a list of suggested questions and answers 'off site' so that, when I get a comprehensive list together, I can bung it on the forum.

One of the problems with collating such information is that a lot of the replies, from which one would draw the answers, are often suggestions rather than fact based. We need clear cut answers before setting them down as true facts.
    Mother Bear

Blog Entries

Default Just got ITA!

Sniffing around 'other places', I find that their FAQ topics are only concerned with how to use a forum properly, nothing at all to do with immigration or NZ. I think the only questions that could be posed on such a site would have to be those that can be answered simply. Some subjects just go on and on as they're so complex. The NZIS site keeps implying I'm getting close to breaking into their FAQ topic but, in reality it doesn't exist. They do mention something along the lines of ' As a result of these seminars we have compiled a list of frequently asked questions (FAQ). The success of the student FAQ has prompted us to compile a similar list for visitor visas and accordingly this is also attached'. When I click on it it just says the page cannot be found. Great start.
    Mother Bear

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Default Just got ITA!

To Bobgoh's Question 1: We would have had our interview about 3 1/2 months after we submitted our application except that we threw a monkey wrench into the works. Thus, we are still sitting around waiting for an interview after 6 months. Lesson: don't mention any sory of surgery or medical procedure (mo matter how trivial) if you can avoid it. If you need to stall the interview, say you've had a family emergency, and you'll get back to them.
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

Pulsarblu is offline God like figure

Default Re: Just got ITA!

3. Must I get all documents translated in English? I have couple of document such as Income Tax forms in Malay Language.
    4. It is ok to submit the ITA document by post ? Because my closest NZI office is at Singapore.
    5. I am a Malaysian. Appreciate if any malaysian who had successfully applied for the PR could give me some pointers
    Bob
    Hi Bob,

I am from Singapore and I guess I can hep to answer your queries. Answers assume that you can make the trip to Singapore to submit the ITA package.

1) It takes longer for you to get the interview if you do not have job offer. For my case, I submitted my ITA package without job offer on Nov 25 and my interview is on Jan 09, so it is roughly two months. During the submission, your CO will probably ask when is the best date to interview you so basically you have control. Thinking back, if you have a job offer, they may not need to interview at all, NZIS will approve the PR application but don't quote me on that, I am not entirely sure.

2) You can basically submit the originals and copies of the originals together with your ITA package, NZIS will certify them true copies on the spot and if you are there physically, you can take back your documents on that day too. That is what happened to me although NZIS Singapore may decide to return you the originals in a pre-paid courier envelope you provide.

3) You have to get everything not in English translated.

4) You can actually submit the ITA package by post (I think NZIS suggested using reputable couriers like UPS/DHL/Fedex with a tracking number). This is important if you are sending originals. But if you are not sending in physically, then I suggest you make sure that you certify the copies before submission. I personally don't risk sending originals thru even couriers.

Hope this is helpful.

Pulsarblu

bobgoh is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Just got ITA!

Bob
    Hi Bob,

I am from Singapore and I guess I can hep to answer your queries. Answers assume that you can make the trip to Singapore to submit the ITA package.

1) It takes longer for you to get the interview if you do not have job offer. For my case, I submitted my ITA package without job offer on Nov 25 and my interview is on Jan 09, so it is roughly two months. During the submission, your CO will probably ask when is the best date to interview you so basically you have control. Thinking back, if you have a job offer, they may not need to interview at all, NZIS will approve the PR application but don't quote me on that, I am not entirely sure.

2) You can basically submit the originals and copies of the originals together with your ITA package, NZIS will certify them true copies on the spot and if you are there physically, you can take back your documents on that day too. That is what happened to me although NZIS Singapore may decide to return you the originals in a pre-paid courier envelope you provide.

3) You have to get everything not in English translated.

4) You can actually submit the ITA package by post (I think NZIS suggested using reputable couriers like UPS/DHL/Fedex with a tracking number). This is important if you are sending originals. But if you are not sending in physically, then I suggest you make sure that you certify the copies before submission. I personally don't risk sending originals thru even couriers.

Hope this is helpful.

Pulsarblu
    Hi! Pulsarblu!

Do you mind I asked you another question?

Since you already got WTR, what is the time frame that you must go to NZ after you got your WTR approved? Is the 6 months period start counting from the day you got the WTR approved?

Thanks

Bob

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast