Thread: Referred Medicals

moggy is offline God like figure

Default Referred Medicals

What does it mean in practice if your medicals are referred?

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Moggy,

Did your medicals show anything untoward at the time? I have no idea whether this is anything at all to do with your case, but it contains this paragraph and the word 'refer', which is as far as I've got with it.

If a visa or immigration officer is not initially satisfied that an applicant for residence has an acceptable standard of health, they must refer the matter for assessment to an Immigration New Zealand medical assessor (or the Ministry of Education as appropriate).

I hope I'm wrong and someone else has a better answer.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

moggy is offline God like figure

I have Polycystic ovary syndrome and I am a little overweight. I take an insulin sensitising drug, which meant that I was unable to do their glucose tollerance test (the results would have meant nothing). However other than taking this drug (which is a very cheap one) there is nothing else wrong with me. There was a consultants letter put in with the medicals, so I wouldn't have thought that it would need much to decide I wouldn't be a burden on the system.

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Good luck with it. We're in NZIS limbo right now because we told them Karin was having elective surgery, and now they are seemingly freaking out. We only told them because they were getting ready to interview us, and didn't want to risk getting the Work to PR visa rather than PR while Karin was recovering. Unfortunately NZIS wasn't very specific about what they wanted, and the surgeon's letter didn't quite address their concerns, so we're trying to get things straightened out. Feh. You'd think they'd be happy to hear that this surgery was done before we moved to NZ.

Sorry to steal your fire, but felt a need to vent a bit. I hope you'll be square with NZIS soon.
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

What a bummer! I hope it all works out for you. Like walking in a minefield.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

A bit, though the respite is rather nice. I do worry that NZIS will get snippy and turn down our application, but we'll see how it goes. Mostly they seem to be concerned about the healing process, but we haven't yet gotten any specific questions out of them. Just requests for a report on prognosis, blah blah blah. I think they're feeling a bit out of their depth, and can't say so. I doubt we'd have the same trouble if one of us had had an appendectomy or similar.
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s