Thread: Health Certificates

nattydread is offline God like figure

Default Health Certificates

Health Certificate Details
    Below is the status of your most recent Immigration Health Certificate:

Certificate Type Date Received Status
    Full Medical 25 Feb 2006 Received

Thats whats appeared in my whats happening section on the immigration site..
    Does that mean they've been through the medical stuff and we're all okay, or does it just mean that they've got it and they've sent it off to find out if we're okay..??

Pulsarblu is offline God like figure

It should be ok, we got our Work to residence based on that "received".

Although not to make you worry more, ours is now showing "expired" at the what's happening page but I do not think it is an indication that they have not approved. My assumation is that they have already viewed this time round, approved our WTR and if there is a need to go through the entire PR application again (No way it is going to happen), they will need the medicals again.

But again, yours should be fine, don't worry. As long as your doctor did not find anything abnormal, you are good to go.

pulsarblu

Nattydread

I would like to add that I have gone through three operations (left angle, right knee and a real bad appendicitis with infection and a large operation wound) and a family history of some illness which may be inherent. Yet I still clear the medicals so you should be fine.

Just to get you reassured.

pulsarblu

nattydread is offline God like figure

I hope your right..
    I had a look at my results when I picked them up..

A few of the levels from the blood tests where highlighted so I went on to the internet and did a few checks..

Triglycerides should be below 2.0 , an abnormally high level would be 5.6,
    Mine was 9.0..!!

My BMI was 28 so I'm not a mega bloater.. but I am slightly overweight, so with all that and my borderline high blood pressure, I'm panicking a bit.

The sad thing, possibly, is that I'm more worried about it stopping me going to New Zealand, rather than the possibility that its an indication of some sort of debilitating disease..

The more you worry, the worse it may get.. :icon_neutral:

So just stay relaxed, you have submitted the medicals and all you can do is wait for their answer. You will be fine, being slightly overweight will not allow NZIS to reject you..I think they are not that mean... :icon_biggrin:

What they are worried is any current sickness or illness that will immediately burden the health care system in NZ.

pulsarblu

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Natty,

Did you do a fasting blood test? I have regular blood tests for familial hypercholesterolemia (runs in the family) and it does happen sometimes that my triglycerides are raised if I?ve eaten something a bit naughty too close to the 12 hour fasting limit and it?s still showing up in my blood. Even a small amount of alcohol can have an effect and if you are anxious or nervous beforehand, that can cause problems (same with a blood pressure reading). Is it possible you?d been a bit stressy before the test and that caused an artificial rise in your levels? I had a doctor scream at me once when I went up to a 9. She said 'WHAT have you been eating? This is DANGEROUS!' Some adjustment to my diet, a fair bit of excercise(walking for an hour every day) and some medication dropped me back down again very quickly. I doubt very much that you would need the medication, I have it because of my family background, but just to show you it can go down again very quickly with the right moves.

If they ask you to have another test, I?d consider reviewing your diet a few days before i.e. low-fat foods, no alcohol, keep sugar levels down, keep yourself calm (difficult, I know, when there?s so much at stake) and try to do some exercise (helps with the stress as well). If there still isn?t a reasonable result after the test, you?d need to seek medical advice with a view to treatment.

I take it the results didn?t show you have a cholesterol problem, only that the triglycerides were raised? I?m on permanent medication to keep my cholesterol levels stable, but most people respond to a change in diet. Perhaps, in the meantime, it?s worth having a word with your own GP and requesting a cholesterol test, which would show up any problem with your triglycerides. You could mention you?ve already had a dodgy test and would like a second opinion. At least then, if anything needs to be sorted out, like adjusting your diet, you won?t waste any time remedying it.

Good luck. Hope it clears itself soon and you find it's only been a glitch rather than an actual health problem.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

NickampJacky Guest

Natty,

Talking to the GP who did our medicals - he said it all depends if he ticks the normal/ no abnotrmal findings or significant/ abnormalfindings box on the last page. He kind of said that it would only be referred to the NZIS medicalassessor if the second box is ticked, and even then they will take a balanced view on it.

Our medical form is down as received, I guess that it must be OK because we have our telephone interview tommorrow at 2pm! The only other problem was that I only had a shortened birth certificate and my wife had to go and get an un-abridged copy on friday...........shes been calling me illegitimate all weekend (well I think thats what she means!)

I am sure that all will be ok for you mate! All this worrying and the house sle etc is bound to bollox up anyones BP.

Cheers

Nick

patienceandpaul is offline Junior Member

:icon_question:
    Hi Pulsarblu, just a quick question about your knee op if you don't mind - what did you have done?
    My concern is that I shredded my left ACL back in 1998 and took three months of physio to regain full fitness. To add to that I had my right ACL reconstructed in Oct 2005 and am in the physio routine at the moment to regain full strength and hope to be there in two - three months, a month or two before my expected departure!!!!

Paul

Hi patience and paul, yep I tore my ACL too but good thing it was still in shreds, not totally tore apart... (Sorry for the rest, getting a bit graphic here). So when I had the operation, my doc bascially clear my knee cavity from debris since my remaining ACL still hold pretty well. After that was long period of physio therapy and some time on clutches. In all, 6 months to recovery.

Yours sound more worse than me but I am sure you are well on the road to full recovery! My experience is that I need to really built up my thigh and hamstring muscles to hold the knee properly and most importantly, with a positive mind, your body will produce more good cells. With that good cells, you will recover, simple as it sounds it is true. In fact, my knee is not my worse, my appendictics was the wrose, I had to fight the infection and operation trauma because I was overseas at the time of the attack so I endure for one week before rushing back Singapore for the needed operation... anyway..too much of me describing my sickness..

I am fully recovered now and really for all challenges!

pulsarblu