Thread: Police Checks

patienceandpaul is offline Junior Member

Default Police Checks

Hi All expectant KIWI's,
    Paul and Patience here awaiting ITA having been selected from the pool on 15th Feb 2006. [smiley=icon_biggrin.gif]

Does anyone know how up to date your police checks have to be[smiley=icon_question.gif]

Patience has an Enhanced Disclosure dated 3/8/05 and I have a Standard Disclosure dated 25/08/05. We are due to fly out end of July all being well. Will these diclosures be OK????

nattydread is offline God like figure

Default Police Checks

hi p and p,

i'm not sure that the enhanced disclosure is good enough to be honest.

The certificates have to say somewhere on them that the national computer has been accessed...
    I don't think the disclosure forms say that.

I could be wrong though.. I'm some other more knowledgeable people than me will answer in due course..

best of luck..

moggy is offline God like figure

Default Police Checks

they must be dated within 6 months of when you submit your ITA

NickampJacky Guest

Default Police Checks

I may have missed something here - but which country are you in. When we went for our certificates, we werent offered standard or enhanced disclosures or anything - I think it was a subject access information request or something.

I am sure that Natty will back me up when I say that you should request them NOW, as they will take longer than you hope/expect/need to be returned.

Cheers

Nick

Default Police Checks

totally agree with Nick..

The 40 days came and went and I called London.
    They had no record of my details at all..

I called Glasgow to chase them up and they hadn't even started on it yet..

We got names of people at both ends and we should have them back in the next few days..

I think the Enhanced Disclosure and Normal Disclosure are slightly different from what the NZIS require..

patienceandpaul is offline Junior Member

Default Police Checks

[smiley=icon_biggrin.gif] Cheers everyone for replying to our first question on the forum.
    Cheers Moggy for the the date of issue answer.

Also many thanks to Nick & Jacky and Natty.

Will head straight down the local cop shop on Monday and start proceedings.

Hope to recieve ITA this week having been selected from the pool last week.

Default Police Checks

just as an adendum..

forms handed in at the local police station on the 30th December 2005.
    police checks arrived 21st February 2006.

We chased my wifes checks up after just 2 weeks and they were processed straight away.. there's a guy at NIS in london who went that extra mile and got her checks through so she could get her nz midwifery registration.
    We didn't chase mine up as there was no hurry.. the 40 days would be plenty.
    40 days came and went and when I chased mine up they hadn't even been looked at in glasgow never mind London.

A chap in glasgow faxed my application to london but the first bloke i spoke to didn't do anything with it, so we managed to get a hold of the bloke that had sorted my wife's, and within 24 hours I had my police checks from London.
    The glasgow ones disappeared in the post so the chap who helped with the fax re-posted them and they arrived today..

They are now winging their way (with royal mail) to London with the rest of our ITA..

it's been said before , but make sure you apply for the police checks with plenty of time to spare..
    You can chase them up if things start getting desperate but it's very much dependant on who you manage to speak to at Scotland Yard.

good luck everybody..

Lets just hope my string of convictions and dodgy medical results don't put the mockers on it now ..
    [smiley=icon_lol.gif] [smiley=icon_wink.gif] [smiley=icon_rolleyes.gif] [smiley=icon_biggrin.gif]