Thread: Going to London to take ITA

neild is offline Junior Member

Default Going to London to take ITA

We are intending to physically take our Residence application to London at the end of the month. Has anyone been to take their documents to London? Are you guarenteed to be seen and get your documents back that day? Can you make an appointment? Has anyone been and had an interview on the same day?

Can anybody help :009:

nattydread is offline God like figure

I dont think you can make an appointment.
    I have heard of people getting interviewed there and then, but i think that's an exception rather than a rule.

If you have a job offer you won't need an interview.
    If you don't have a job offer then they probably view it as not being a rush job so they won't interview you anyway..

I could be wrong..

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

This isn't much help, but it just shows it can go one way or the other. It's from a previous thread on the forum.

I wonder how things are going with Fisheress. Shame she's not posting on here now. I'm sure she'd have a lot of interesting points to make.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Pulsarblu is offline God like figure

Hi Neild,

Just hang in there and step by step whatever if you get an interview or not that day, you will get closer to the famous blue sticker.

I also heard that some interviews are conducted over the phone so that maybe the case for you..

pulsarblu

justNoZi is offline Member

Default Re: Going to London to take ITA

We are intending to physically take our Residence application to London at the end of the month. Has anyone been to take their documents to London? Are you guarenteed to be seen and get your documents back that day? Can you make an appointment? Has anyone been and had an interview on the same day?

Can anybody help
    hi there neild,

i was there monday, travelled from glasgow, made a break of it as well as handing in documents.

i had same idea as you, i seen a post here months ago saying that you may be a chance to get interview there and then and thought that be great.

i didnt get interview but what was good is that i know that all my documents are there with Imm Service and that they were all present and correct.

so what happened :
    got there at 9.50, ten minutes before opening.
    got called and askerd to go upstairs to 'visa' room.
    went there and took ticket for Q'ing only 1 in front of me and 2 behind.
    spoke to very friendly immigration officer who checked all my documents and let me know of rest of process and timescales etc.
    he gave me my passport back and held on to other documents - birth cert, etc.
    one tip / point to note is that he did thank me for making fotocopies of all the documents, said it would help them to process my ITA, so am glad i did this.

in summary i was in for 15 minutes, no interview but do know all my documents are correct. i was especially worried about health forms as they changed post november but officer let me know all correct blood tests were present.

so was it worth it - definiteley, interview would just have been a bonus. but i did come out of there wanting to be a KIWI EVEN MORE - funny but, i cant wait, and am hoping. [smiley=icon_biggrin.gif]

hope this helps and i hope all goes well with your application.