Thread: Medicals - Who ate all the pies?

NickampJacky Guest

Default Medicals - Who ate all the pies?

Just been for our family medicals, and waved goodbye to ?600+!

I spoke to the GP doing our medicals just after christmas whilst making the appointment for today....he asked me about my build & I said I was built more for comfort rather than speed. He told me, as all good doctors have for the last umpteen years, to loose the excess-excess pounds by the 31st Jan - otherwise there would be more blood tests required.

I just crept under the BMI threshold of 35 by two points & 2 cm to spare on the old waist line. My wife thought it was so funny as she watched me trying to stretch myself taller when they were taking my height. All ok though, just the routine bloods to get back.

So in the knowledge that we all passed our MOT's (or should it be WOF's) we are just waiting for Scotland Yard to get our reports back & then the ITA's off!

One niggling question - my passport expires in July & I am guessing (well hoping) that it will have the legendary blue sticker in it - so by the time we leave I will have a new passport with the blue sticker still in the old one. Is it easy to get your new passport endorsed?

Cheers

Nick

nattydread is offline God like figure

well done mate..

I've abstained from the alcohol for the entire month for similar reasons.
    I thought I'd try and have more blood in my alcohol stream than the usual amount.

X-Rays tomorrow afternoon and the medicals on Thursday.
    A bit cheaper than 600..
    It should be around 400 all in.

anyway.. my wife has her police checks back, we're just waiting on mine.
    14th February is day 40 so the ITA should be in by then.
    All our passports are good for a few years.

I wouldn't have thought it'd be much of a hassle getting your passport renewed..
    It'll be a bit of a trek to the Post Office to pick up the renewal form though..

jamesthecarman is offline Oh Masterful One

I thought I'd try and have more blood in my alcohol stream than the usual amount.
    [smiley=icon_lol.gif]

NickampJacky Guest

Natty

we were all done & dusted within an hour and a half for the medicals, blood will be back in 12 days.

Our "all clear" from the police were lying on the door mat when we got in tonight! It's all piecing togther now very nicely.

Advertised our caravan in the caravan club magazine & getting a few "bites" - so hopefully that will be one less task. The MG is still in dry dock awaiting a brake overhaul prior to a new MOT.

Hope all goes well for your timings & you get the stuff through to them for your wifes job.

Cheers

Nick

there was a bit of muppetry involved in that to be honest..

to cut a long story short both Sylvie's checks came back in jig time. Thanks to a very very helpful chap at scotland yard and a helpful girl in glasgow and the wonders of the modern day fax machine.

It was all sent off week before last and hopefully she'll have nz registration the week after next.

Mine should be here in the next week or two, so hopefully our ITA will be submitted as soon as we get them..

then we can start to think about flights and removals..

i have some pictures at work i meant to send to you..
    some bloke with an MG and, god knows how, but he's shoehorned some v8 nissan skyine engine into it.. i should think it would scare the doodah out of you if you floored it..

SteveyC is offline Right Royal Pain In The Posterior

there was a bit of muppetry involved
    hehe quality praseology

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Might be worth getting a new passport while still in the UK. From here, you'll have to apply to the British Embassy for a new passport (I'm told at much greater cost than usual) and then you have to apply for a visa transfer. I can't quite remember the rule for a transfer, but some people have to pay $90 for the pleasure, and others it's free.
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Might be worth getting a new passport while still in the UK. From here, you'll have to apply to the British Embassy for a new passport (I'm told at much greater cost than usual)
    Speaking as one who's had to renew passports a couple of times abroad, I'd agree with that. British Embassies abroad sure do like to slap it on. If we had visas etc. in the old passport, sometimes they would staple the old one to the new one. Bit cumbersome, though. Don't think we've ever been charged for actually transferring visas from one passport to another, but that wasn't in NZ.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

just been for the medicals.. (x rays were done yesterday)

Need to wait a week for results of bloods.
    ?527 all in for the 4 of us seems to be about the average...

I can highly recommend the Health Centre Bonnyrigg (nr Edinburgh) for anyone else considering where to go..
    very nice people in a nice big clean modern health centre,..